M14 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, im a new poster here. I went to a gun show today and picked up an m14 stock. I later realized that this stock takes an m1 buttplate. I figure this is actually a very early stock. Could this be for the t44? I only paid $25, so i think i did well.

·
Retired
4,769 Posts
Hi there, im a new poster here. I went to a gun show today and picked up an m14 stock. I later realized that this stock takes an m1 buttplate. I figure this is actually a very early stock. Could this be for the t44? I only paid $25, so i think i did well.
Well you really need to post a picture of that stock. I'd love to see it. It does sound like a very early T44 stock. Nice find.GI1

·
Registered
11 Posts
You must play the lottery today, and I will cry myself to sleep.
I bet you were at Forks of Delaware Show. reason is I was at gun show today and looked at TWO m14 stocks for 25 apiece. One like you described and a nice normal one. I chose the latter, you sir are a genius! Yep I am new to M14's
go figure.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Just checking, but does the stock have a selector cut? If not it may be a commercial stock. Wenig cut a bunch of M14 stocks for use with the M1 butt plate and no selector switch cut a few years back. I bought two for a couple of match rifles I built and I prefer the stock with the M1 butt plate.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bingo! It was at the allentown show. I didnt even notice that it had an m1 buttplate until after the show. Yes it has the selector cut.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wow I looked at them both and the counter guy had to ask his Dad for the price. The son saw the buttplate area was different so it took the other one and left that one for you. Small world. I hope ya hit a home run!

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Could this be for the t44?
I'd love to see it. It does sound like a very early T44 stock.
The errors continue. The stock was produced for the M14 early version, which used a stock which was originally designed with several models. The early M14 model was designated as T44E4. Not T44. Chances are your stock, which is not rare, was produced in 1959 or 1960, for the M14, not the T44 or T44E4.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts