M14 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Springfield Armory M1A Scout Squad
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy folks! I just wanted to say hello. I just acquired a Springfield Armory M1A Scout Squad, I am happy to report. I look forward to learning it's capabilities and my shortcomings, as I am new to firearms in general and have much to learn. There will be training in my near future to be sure. I had been planning getting one for a while, and naturally when my work bonus became available all the recent events came to light. This made things here in Los Angeles not exactly expedient regarding firearms acquisition. As I was not specifically interested in the M1A for home defense, (although the timing did make things interesting,) with some patience I got it home. Hopefully I won't bother you folks too much with my need for handholding on my new journey of discovery. Holding hands is illegal in California now anyway. ;)

·
Registered
10,742 Posts

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Welcome from Southeast Texas.
Scout owner myself.
My advise is to be sure and give the chamber a good scrubbing before you go to the range.
I didn't and had several failures to extract.
Found this site and read about cleaning and lubrication.
Should have come here first.

·
Administrator
17,273 Posts
Now you have made a good decision in registering here and most definite you came to the correct place to learn more about the M14 Battlerifle and military surplus ammunition for her nutritional dietary needs, welcome on board and enjoy the site and I hope you post often MojoMedicine.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Welcome aboard from Virginia. My first was a Scout Squad as well (bought a Nat'l Match at the same time too). Make room because you're going to need a couple more, and don't forget about an M1 Garand. Shoot and enjoy.

·
Premium Member
4,752 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Mississippi. Enjoy that scout...it will only be your first of many

1 - 17 of 17 Posts