M14 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I'm new on this site but if you own a FAL you will know me from that site.
Recently i received 3 gauges kits from the Dutch Army. One is clearly the FAL, one for UK weapons and this one is marked for the M1 Garand.
Holland had used many garands in the lend lease program. You would be surprised till how long they stayed in service.

Several items i recognise as headspace go no/go. Firingpin controlers and so on. Some items, i have no clue. So, if you know what the use for is, please say so.

Also, as i collect mainly FN, can you please tell me it is a common, rare or extreme rare item? Or, any clue on a pricetag?

I do have some WW2 weapons but they serve to teach kids warhistory in class. They are interesting but not my corejob.

So, all comments are welcome.

Thanks Paco

https://app.photobucket.com/u/joepl...5e6d3b/p/3aeaf25e-eb6b-4f57-a144-ed890f03eed0

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
I commented in your thread on the FAL Files, but you may well get some additional info here. I identified everything that I could.

·
Registered
Custom service rifle builder
8,114 Posts
Interesting set of mostly US GI field gages. It includes:
Gas piston diameter no-go gage
Barrel diameter at gas port no-go gage
Three head space gages which should be 1.940", 1.946", and 1.950".
Two gas cylinder no-go gages (normally there is only one in a kit)
Firing pin protrusion gage (not a US GI gage)
Field test bolt
Muzzle gage? (also not a US GI gage)

A US military gage set would also include a throat erosion gage and timing gage.

I like the whole collection!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey, thanks so far.
Some items seems to be custom made by Artillerie Inrichtingen in Zaandam. You know, the guys that made the famous AR10 rifle.
All items have seems to have different digits or markings so no 2x the same.
As for those two gascilinder items, they seem to have teeths to cut out material (or corbon).
Any clue on a realistic value?
Paco

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
We really can't give price quotes on this forum on equipment or parts as we don't have it in our hands to inspect, and we may be doing you more harm than good. Part of the forum Rules of Engagement. -Lloyd 🍻

·
Registered
Custom service rifle builder
8,114 Posts
You are right about the reamer on the gas cylinder gages. It is to remove carbon build up which can prevent the measuring end of the gage to fully enter the gas cylinder.

In this country, GI gages usually bring a higher price than commercial equivalents. Field gages such as these are not all that uncommon, but are still desirable.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts