M14 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

14,581 Posts
Are y'all saying that, legally speaking, if my buddy and I go out shooting, and for some odd reason or other I say "I'll take your rifle home and clean it up for you", I need an FFL? Wow....
No, that should be fine. You need to check with your state laws. Sometimes the person "borrowing" the firearm may need to have an FID or Handgun Permit.

However, if you are accepting firearms for service as a business, then you need an FFL. Especially if the firearms will be delivered via common carrier or USPS.

You can still ship a firearm across state lines to "yourself," and some states allow you to ship a firearm to someone else as long as it doesn't cross state lines.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.