M14 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious,

has anyone here ever purchased from dupage trading company, of chandler, az?

They sell M1 garand parts, M1 carbine parts, other parts, and some M1A parts. I ordered (sent a money order last wednesday, 10/20) an unfinished M1A walnut handguard from them, called them and confirmed the price, and shipping and address. I called them this past monday to see if they received the money order and the guy said that they hadn't. So, I called back today and the lady I talked to said she had no record of my order, but she had not went to get the mail for two days. She said that if I didn't hear from her that it would be in the mail. Now for that to be true she would actually have to go get the mail, open my letter and see where to send it. I asked her if she was going to check the mail today and she acted a little offended.

How do you do business if you only check your mail once in a while?

I hope no-one takes this as a flame, just concerned that this business ownership has some issues.

KS Shooter

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have purchased from them several times without a problem. Their communication does leave something to be desired compared to other companies.
You should be fine with your order.

·
Registered
250 Posts
jim the owner is a good guy. i have gotten many stocks, hand guards, barrels, op-rods from him with no problems. he is the one who sells all the new garand wood to cmp. fatso rocky

·
Registered
277 Posts
I had a similar experience. Ordered a Complete Garand stock set, less metal, that was on clearance. Stock arrived at clearance price but no hand guards. I called and spoke with a lady who claimed that I did not order the set and only the stock. I explained that I had the e-order receipt from when I ordered on line. She said she would look into it.

About 2 hrs later, a man called and cleared the whole thing up and sent the hand guards, even asked if I need light or dark in an attempt to match the wood. Dupage ate the shipping. I was happy with the fix and felt it was just a glitch from a less than enthusiastic employee.

Having said that, I've spent at least $600 with them this year alone. They are my Only source for slimmed down Garand Stocks.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I had a similar experience. Ordered a Complete Garand stock set, less metal, that was on clearance. Stock arrived at clearance price but no hand guards. I called and spoke with a lady who claimed that I did not order the set and only the stock. I explained that I had the e-order receipt from when I ordered on line. She said she would look into it.

About 2 hrs later, a man called and cleared the whole thing up and sent the hand guards, even asked if I need light or dark in an attempt to match the wood. Dupage ate the shipping. I was happy with the fix and felt it was just a glitch from a less than enthusiastic employee.

Having said that, I've spent at least $600 with them this year alone. They are my Only source for slimmed down Garand Stocks.
that employee, is his wife.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Everyone,

thanks for the information. I didn't want to come across as flaming someone just trying to get info from others if they had any problems with them.

I had a similar experience with a company called Old' Sarge's Drop Zone. I sent them a money order and checked about a week later to see if it arrived and nope, it wasn't there. Kept checking back for every few dasy for about 1-1.5 weeks and they said it never got there. After about 2 months I did the PO money order investigation and sure enough it had been cashed. I was just going to call them and say look you cashed my money order - where's my stuff. I get a package from them the next day. At that point I just wanted my money back. They too had some customer service issues.

Oh well. If you guys vouch for them it's good enough for me. I will just wait and see.

thanks

KS Shooter

·
Registered
78 Posts
I built one Garand from a barreled receiver and some other odds and ends from who knows where over the years. It was very helpful to go over what I had with Jim and have him fill in with the missing parts. I now have a beautiful SA Garand with one of their stock sets. Second transaction was a Garand I bought for my son a couple of Christmas's ago. Told Jim I wanted a shooter that was ready to go and living on the left coast, wasn't able to go by CMP and didn't want to wait. Got a great Garand for my son a couple of weeks before Christmas and he loves it. Spent about 1/2 hour on the phone with Jim another time talking about gunshows etc. Good people... Just my .02.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts