M14 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried finding a vendor and have been unsuccessful. I was hesitant to ask here, but now I have to. I am looking for someone to manufacture for me a dummy barrel for an M1A. I am trying to create a wall hanger. Externally the barrel needs to be 100% accurate dimensionally etc to allow mounting to a receiver and associated parts to mount to it. Caveat is that I do not want the center drilled out. Basically a solid steel rod that looks and fits like a real barrel. I have tried all the different barrel manufactures but they won't do a one of. I know this is a different request, but any directions on where to go would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Why not post a WTB for a take-off or reject someone will sell cheap? You can drive a piece of steel rod in the chamber and muzzle ends if you want to plug the barrel.

·
Registered
867 Posts

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
it will probably cost you more to have that dummy made than to get a real barrel and have it plugged. I would look for a shot out barrel that looks good externally, then have it plugged some how.
I dont know anywhere to get what you are looking for, only way I know is custom barrel makers.

·
Registered
79 IHC Scout II, 74 VW Bug class 11 look a like
6,705 Posts
What are you using as a receiver? If you are using bits of a GI receiver welded up to look like a receiver even if the parts wont function in it my still be considered a machine gun because the BATF looks at it differently.
ONCE A MACHINE GUN, ALWAYS A MACHINE GUN!
As for a barrel, you could turn a piece of round bar stock the the shape of a M14 barrel, to mount it turn the threads to the root diameter and grind out the splines of the gas cylinder and front sight and nut and press it all together.

eQ

·
Registered
656 Posts
I have a USGI SA barrel I am not going to use... 22" The backend has had the chamfer kind of molested that I cleaned up thinking I was gonna use it for ranch rifle. You can use that for the dummy purpose. YOu can plug it if you like. let me know.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts