M14 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everybody loves drill. It's so motivating.

I saw a picture today of some guys getting ready for a change of command down in Camp Pen and had an odd question cross my mind. Is the manual of arms the same for an A4 as it was for an A2? Won't the little rail covers go flying off? Does one leave the optics on?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Everybody loves drill. It's so motivating.

I saw a picture today of some guys getting ready for a change of command down in Camp Pen and had an odd question cross my mind. Is the manual of arms the same for an A4 as it was for an A2? Won't the little rail covers go flying off? Does one leave the optics on?
Having used the a2 in boot camp I wonder the same thing when I see all those pictures of recruits using the a4. The ka rail covers are pretty solid so I don't think they would fly off but I wouldn't have a clue about the acog being removed and replaced with a carrying handle...

Semper Fi!

·
Registered
153 Posts
They few pictures I did run across, but cannot find now, it they remove the optics. We had A2's and some had CCO's that were removed. Also the M203's were removed also for the drill.

I will say I only went to a few change of command ceremonies with a rifle, most seemed to be without. I was issued a M249, but could draw a M16A2 if needed.

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
Don't know if the Army still does the manual of arms , but how they gonna do it when they go to the M4 as standard issue?

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
I dont believe there is a change. And some bct units are doing some funky stuff with,the MoA, like parade rest is a modified right shoulder arms since the m4 is so short. Really looks like crap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts