M14 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
G

·
Well, it's like this. The FN-FAL was never designed to be a tack shooter. If over the top accuracy is your goal then stick with the match grade m14's and the like.

Even with floating the barrel and all the other stuff you describe you will probably be dissapointed with the bucks you will spend.

However, if you like shootintg at "man" size targets consistantly out to 800m or so and doing so in any terrain or weather condition you should add a standard type FAL to you collection. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Aloha DMI:

I am not sure if I already said this... but Welcome Aboard!!! You said what I was thinking...

My FAL (SAR 48) doesn't have a bull barrel either and in its standard configuration, it used to string shots vertically. So I invested in a "free float" handguard for the FAL and the groups did immediately come together which was great, but the overall accuaracy by way of tack driving was not there...

The FAL design is a great but complex design and really works well... but I could only get 2-3" groups at 100 yds. Which for my range is perfect... it only goes to 430 yds. and with the FAL, it is super dead on...

"T" (Chris): If you do go for it, let us know how the bull barrel does... I heard that it makes a difference but I have not known anyone personally who had one...

Aloha and Good Luck Chris,

Tom O.

·
Registered
63 Posts
You might also chech out Vandenbergcustom.com He builds FAL free float handguards. And nice rifles. Ed Vandenburg.....or .. .berg
Anyway posts above are on the mark; it takes considerable $ to accurize FALs. Partly I believe 'cause the lock up is below the bore instead of in line. but what do I know.02 Good luck and post your rifle if ya' get it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.