M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
4,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever have the urge? Well I did it, and altered the trigger guard on my Glock 26. Now I can get half a pinky on the grip, and the gun is smaller. Unexpected bonus was the perception of reduced muzzle flip. Getting my hand closer to the bore may have tamed it a bit, but it may be the extra grip, too. I still need to dress it up some. The extended slide release is a must on all Glocks IMO.

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Been doing that to my Glocks ever since my first Glock Knuckle.
Nice work.

·
Cranky Old Vietnam Vet
10,663 Posts
Wow!

ANOTHER advantage to owning a Glock !!!

I mean...NOBODY is gonna do that to a 1911 !!!

GI5

CAVman in WYoming

·
Banned
4,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Cranky Old Vietnam Vet
10,663 Posts
Colt did. It's called the Defender.
Colt used a Dremel on it ???

Or are you thinking of BUBBA COLT ?

GI5

CAVman in WYoming

·
Registered
327 Posts
I mean...NOBODY is gonna do that to a 1911 !!!

GI5

CAVman in WYoming
I did. (but I was going to refinish it anyway)
Made a world of difference.

·
Banned
4,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Colt used a Dremel on it ???

Or are you thinking of BUBBA COLT ?

GI5

CAVman in WYoming
Colt undercut the trigger guard on the Defender.

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
Perhaps you have not heard, but not only the military but all Federal LE will be carrying Glock of one form or the other, plus some 75% of civilian LE carry Glock handguns. Can't be all bad.
That may change once Trump is in office as POTUS. It may become who actually makes the best weapon, supports it best & makes the best deal!

It is Nov. 9th and a new day may be upon us.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Careful not to go too far --- I hollowed out *inside* the trigger guard (to make room for shooting with gloves on in the winter) and removed too much plastic so a little metal bit from the takedown lever is exposed! Oops! It doesn't affect anything in terms of functionality, but it's a good reminder that it's much easier to remove plastic than it is to put it back.

Hasn't stopped me really, though. I did the side cutouts at the base of the mag well, undercut the trigger guard and did a slight relief on the trigger finger side as well.

My buddy cut into the base of the trigger guard to make an index for his support hand pointer finger, but I'm not convinced it adds much. Although this is on a G43 so maybe he notices it more than I assume I would on my 19.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Glock 19

I've been All Glock All The Time since 1993 when I bought my first Glock, a Glock 20. I still have it...it's my truck gun. I bought a Glock 40 and had Bar-Sto fit a barrel to the slide. It's quite a bit more accurate that a standard Glock. It took 500 rounds to wear the hood of the barrel against the slide to get enough relief for it to return to battery after firing a shot. For the first 500 rounds I had to bump it into battery with the heel of my hand. This was no surprise as the Bar-Sto gunsmith who worked on my Glock called me and told me what to expect. That said, my daughter wanted a Glock 17 for Concealed Carry and my wife wanted what I thought would work best for her, so I got her a Glock 19. I'M carrying the Glock 19 concealed. It may be the perfect size defensive gun made. It's big enough to carry 16 rounds on board, and small enough to conceal. I have a really hard time concealing my Glock 20. It's that much bigger than the G 19. Too bad when her Concealed Carry License arrives I'll have to give up the G 19. I'm looking real seriously at a Smith&Wesson XP Shield in .45 with Night Sights and an after market Apex trigger. The night sights and the trigger cost almost as much as a plain Shield.

·
Super Moderator
11,837 Posts
Ever have the urge? Well I did it, and altered the trigger guard on my Glock 26. Now I can get half a pinky on the grip, and the gun is smaller. Unexpected bonus was the perception of reduced muzzle flip. Getting my hand closer to the bore may have tamed it a bit, but it may be the extra grip, too. I still need to dress it up some. The extended slide release is a must on all Glocks IMO.
Not a Glock Fan but I would slim the trigger guard too approximately 1/2 its thickness working it down on the outside. I would then also remove the finger groove bumps and give it a soldering iron stipple job at the same time. This will really clean it up and add some summitry too its clunky looks.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.