M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Banned
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe my 3 year old head butted me too hard or something... but am I the only one that dislikes the looks of the M1A / M14 with the 20 round magazine? I don't mean functionality, battle scenario or SHTF capacity, anything like that,... I mean purely for aesthetics purposes. Taking pictures of the rifle type of thing. There is something about it that to me looks like it is just too gorram big comparative to the rest of the rifle.

Do I have drain bamage? Should I consult the NFL concussion protocol?

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Maybe my 3 year old head butted me too hard or something... but am I the only one that dislikes the looks of the M1A / M14 with the 20 round magazine? I don't mean functionality, battle scenario or SHTF capacity, anything like that,... I mean purely for aesthetics purposes. Taking pictures of the rifle type of thing. There is something about it that to me looks like it is just too gorram big comparative to the rest of the rifle.

Fail

·
Registered
40 Posts

That's why I use the 5 rd sporter mag
Doug

·
Registered
9,125 Posts
In perfect harmony

It's like a fine brunette meausuring 36"-24"-36", or a blonde , or a redhead ,
a 67' big block Vette, A Shelby Daytona coupe, a 55' FLH or a 66' FLH
When you look at the M14 in the way it was designed everything is in harmony, it all fits perfectly and everything is right in the world.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Aesthetically, no, it's not the most pleasing rifle I've ever seen. The 20-rd magazine does make it look a bit ungainly. The M1 Garand and the M1 carbine are both better looking firearms.

However, the M14 is accurate, durable, reliable, and holds an important role in our nation's history. I enjoy it for what it is and don't need to pretend it's pretty too.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.