M14 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are they legal down there? what would the average price be? i 've wanted one for a long time but was informed that the canadian government considers them an assault weapon
assault weapon??!! 8O this is a highly precise tool not a cheap assault weapon. if the gun laws up here get worse i will seriously consider moving to the states, except i like my free medicare

·
Registered
846 Posts
they are available but fairly expensive. usualy $2000+ the chinese ones run from $1000+. the problem is finding folks who are selling. it's been a couple years since i saw a draganov for sale.

one word of warning the romaniak romak 3 is not a draganov. but is simply an oversized AK. it uses the long stroke action of the AK and not the short stroke action the real draganovs use. these usually run $500-$700 used. they do go bang and have decent accuracy.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Dragunov rifles are not being imported into the USA anymore I have heard. Not from the 1994 Clinton "Assault Weapons" ban (which is now dead! horray!) but from another law stopping importation of "foreign arms" into the USA. I have not seen this law and read the legal mumbo jumbo, but I would like to know the name of it and read it sometime.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.