M14 Forum banner

Double lug super match help

1046 Views 11 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Doug5963
Receiver was sold as a striped receiver ion 8/19/1975. ser #003478
what I would like help with is figuring out who did the double lug and the glass bedding.
I have it taken a part if I need to take more pictures.
here are some to start with.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Premium Member
6,098 Posts
It was welded with 40 series SS rod I'm guessing and when reparked SS will not take on the color of parkerizing like moly steel does.
You will probably never figure out who built the rifle without first hand knowledge by the individual or customer that paid to do it.There was alot of armorers moonlighting work back in the day and chances are that's how it was probably built.

· Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was welded with 40 series SS rod I'm guessing and when reparked SS will not take on the color of parkerizing like moly steel does.
You will probably never figure out who built the rifle without first hand knowledge by the individual or customer that paid to do it.There was alot of armorers moonlighting work back in the day and chances are that's how it was probably built.
The butt stock was never drilled out under the plate

· Registered
1,360 Posts
Showed pictures to my pop and he said similar. He said he would use SS to keep from adding carbon that could help make it brittle.

· Registered
5,379 Posts
You will probably never figure out who built the rifle without first hand knowledge by the individual or customer that paid to do it
…Yep, or a paper receipt for the accurizing work.
As noted, it’s not possible to know who bedded it that anymore than the name of the specific guy at GM who torqued the lug nuts on a Chevy vehicle 30 or 40 years ago. It’s not a signed painting by a famous artist - it’s just a generic military-type rifle that is not engraved with the builders name or their signature. Just enjoy it as a bedded M1A.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.