M14 Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Latest update: "Please remember that we process orders in sequential order, if you have a high RGN number it may be a year or more before you are contacted. There are numerous reasons why it may appear that we have skipped your number, but weassure you that unless there is a problem, we have not. If there is a problem, we will let you know."

·
Registered
33 Posts
I got this message:

This email is to notify you that your order has been received and you have been assigned a number through the random number generating process. You will find your number listed below. We will contact you as your order progresses. Please do not contact us at this time.

Does this mean I've been selected to get a 1911 or that they just received my packet?
I got the same one...then later on --a couple of weeks , I got a phone call..gave my card # - and I had a pistol.. It got here..and the $850 it cost me ..was - to say the least --VERY EXORBATENT.... the piece is just that -- a piece of ahem...no comment.. I have gone over it very - very tediously..and will repark it soon... May post before and after...Do not expect a decent piece for your 850...it is worth about 600.....

·
Registered
33 Posts
Speaking of the CMP 1911A1 pistols... My frame is a COLT - the slide is a REMINGTON RAND... Anyone have a WW2 Colt Slide for sale ?? I need one.... Thanks.... :-(

·
Registered
29 Posts
Most of the Field Grades are not reparked, almost all of the Service Grades are. Two SGs just showed up on GB. One reparked the other not. The latter is at 1600 with 3 DTG. I've seen a CMP forum member offer to tade his parked SG for anothers FG. Many expressed a preferene for a non park.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Some of the information provided in this post is incorrect. They pool the applications and randomly assign numbers to each one, so the "lottery" is the number you're assigned. Once you're assigned a number, they call you in order according to the number you were assigned (i.e., guy with number 1 will get the first call, guy with 2 will be next, etc.). They do not randomly contact people out of sequential order. They will skip a lot of people who don't respond when their number comes up or maybe opted out for whatever reason.

My father and I both got in on the first order. I was 5421 and he was 8847. We both got one on the first go 'round even though there were only 8,000 pistols. So quite a few people didn't purchase one even though they got assigned a number.

·
Registered
29 Posts
They pull pistols from CMP storage in groups and work through that group before pulling the next. They are divided among several callers. I was assigned 7727 and over 100 numbers higher were called before me. As numbers in agroup decrease, they run out of Service Grades until the next group is pulled. You are never called in exact sequence.

·
Registered
648 Posts
They pull pistols from CMP storage in groups and work through that group before pulling the next. They are divided among several callers. I was assigned 7727 and over 100 numbers higher were called before me. As numbers in agroup decrease, they run out of Service Grades until the next group is pulled. You are never called in exact sequence.
From the CMP: 3. Please remember that we process orders in sequential order, if you have a high RGN number it may be a year or more before you are contacted. There are numerous reasons why it may appear that we have skipped your number, but weassure you that unless there is a problem, we have not. If there is a problem, we will let you know.

So the bottom line is, they go in sequential order according to what RGN you have. Is it perfect? No. But it's not a lottery once the RGN is assigned. That was my point. As a practical matter, it won't be perfectly sequential, but it's not random. Sounds like the employee that got your number grouping waited a week to make calls.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts