M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this message:

This email is to notify you that your order has been received and you have been assigned a number through the random number generating process. You will find your number listed below. We will contact you as your order progresses. Please do not contact us at this time.

Does this mean I've been selected to get a 1911 or that they just received my packet?

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Sounds like things are looking up for you. Post up if/when you get it. -Lloyd 🍻

Reactions: Tommo

·
Registered
714 Posts
you have been approved / your packet was filled out correctly and they assigned a number . when they start to dish them out and they get to your number , expect a cll on which grade you want .
BINGO

·
Registered
843 Posts
It just tells you that you have been assigned a number in que. It maybe 10 it may be 9500.

That determines if and when pistols become available, your number will be which pistol you get. If 1500 come available and your number 1560......your S O L. If it's 1350......happy day

·
Registered
353 Posts
Looks like Round 2 is starting at 20,001. I’m 25862. So about 6 or 7months, hopefully. (Round 1 was about 19/20 months for 20,000 pistols).

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
you have been approved / your packet was filled out correctly and they assigned a number . when they start to dish them out and they get to your number , expect a cll on which grade you want .
BINGO
It's not "when they get to your number", it's a lottery. But you have a good chance to get one. I got mine last year. Your assigned a number and the computer generates the winning numbers. There's nothing linear about the selection by number

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's not "when they get to your number", it's a lottery. But you have a good chance to get one. I got mine last year. Your assigned a number and the computer generates the winning numbers. There's nothing linear about the selection by number
Good. My number is 32820!

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
You should be good to go. Since this is the second go round for CPM 1911, they have ironed out a lot of the bugs that they encountered during the first 1911 lottery. Also keep in mind, even though your number is 32820, some folks may not be eligible one way or another when their turn comes, or their finances might have changed when they are called. CMP 1911 will then move onto the next person in line. It happens more often than you might think.

Good luck, hope you get a good one.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Good. My number is 32820!
Yea, but your number is the aggregate of all the numbers assigned for the first drawing and the second. Once a number is assigned it cannot be drawn again. So theres significantly less registrations for the second lottery than you think.
And each lottery is for 10,000 pistols, I believe so, so you have a good chance. Always get the $1000. one.
Don't go cheap. You wont be sorry.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Mine is 30110

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
You should be good to go. Since this is the second go round for CPM 1911, they have ironed out a lot of the bugs that they encountered during the first 1911 lottery. Also keep in mind, even though your number is 32820, some folks may not be eligible one way or another when their turn comes, or their finances might have changed when they are called. CMP 1911 will then move onto the next person in line. It happens more often than you might think.

Good luck, hope you get a good one.

Jim, as to the 1911's there is no "next person in line". It's a lottery. If your lucky enough
to have the computer select your number then you are in a line for selection and shipment.
Thats the only line you'll be in AFTER your number gets selected

·
Registered
159 Posts
323024 here. i need to take another look at the selections in case there are more than one option available if/when my number gets picked. Last time I looked at the round one pistols people received I was leaning toward Field Grade but i really am hoping to be told "here is the grade available, take it or leave it" so i just have to write out the correct amount on the check and not decide...

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Jim, as to the 1911's there is no "next person in line". It's a lottery. If your lucky enough
to have the computer select your number then you are in a line for selection and shipment.
Thats the only line you'll be in AFTER your number gets selected
The RGN, or Random Generated Number is the Lottery Number you receive after they open the applications to buy the pistol. Your number is then put into numerical order, or "the next person in Line". My RGN was in the high 9000's after my RGN was generated. I then waited my turn. I had actually been sent an e mail stating that they were out of pistols and would have to wait. Lo and behold, some months later, I was contacted for purchase.

There was some initial confusion, that forum members did not understand, about the order the pistols went out, then it was explained that several employees were assigned handling contacts and shipping. So at times people behind or ahead of others by several hundred numbers were served somewhat out of order.

Sorry if there was seemingly any confusion about this. CMP is constantly putting out information about this on the CMP Forum.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Can't remember what my number was on the first go around. But when they got to me late in the game there were still all grades available. I chose the service grade and lucked out on a nice Rem Rand. My friend got a mix master of Ithaca frame with a contract slide. His wife opted for a field grade and got an all Ithaca that looked as nice as my RR.
Nice piece of history to have. And CMP is great to work with.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
323024 here. i need to take another look at the selections in case there are more than one option available if/when my number gets picked. Last time I looked at the round one pistols people received I was leaning toward Field Grade but i really am hoping to be told "here is the grade available, take it or leave it" so i just have to write out the correct amount on the check and not decide...
There is NO "fiield grde" or other grade.
There is 2 selections $800 and $1000. Thats all.
Dont go cheap get the $1000 one

·
Registered
329 Posts
There is NO "fiield grde" or other grade.
There is 2 selections $800 and $1000. Thats all.
Dont go cheap get the $1000 one
Sorry but the first offering had 3 grades. Service $1050.00, Field $950.00, Rack $850. There was also Auction Grade.
My paperwork is in front of me. Maybe they don't offer 3 grades on the second go around. Haven't checked.

EDIT: I just checked Yes "all 3 grades are available".

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
They must have changed the options since the last lottery. When I got mine there was only 2 options .
But thats ok. The difference between rack and service is not much and you'd get a better one with the service grade.
Good luck.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Per the latest info they're only offering 2 grades now. Whether two or three, I'll go with the more expensive.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts