M14 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I've been out the m14 game for about 3 years. My stupid impulsive self sold all of my beautiful m14s and now I really regret it. I noticed on lrbs website it says something it didn't used to. It says something along the lines of "receivers can only be purchased as part of a barreled action. CENSOREDGI is up with that? Collecting all the parts piece by piece and building it myself is the only way I'm interested in doing it. I refuse to pay for someone else barrel and headspace it. Not only that but I'm very anal about the headspace, locking lug surface contact and what grit is used. I also enjoy the process and picking the barrel and bolt and reasons you other builders don't need explained. So has lrb changed it business practice of selling stripped receivers? If they did they would be cutting off the niche market of builders, I know that's probably only a small percentage of an already small market but that small percentage that do build their often don't just build one and stop.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Yes they changed their business model. Ted Brown has a few of the Gun Works of Lower Alabama receivers left. I would suggest you contact him as they are as good or better than LRB.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
They do sell receivers only for non US customers , or you can go with barrel action complete.

I would suggest to buy a complete LRB rifle while they do extremely good service and using new parts.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like things have changed alot since I've been gone and not in a good way. I called lrb and was told they don't sell just the receivers and I was given two reasons. The first was that a lot of people have messed up their build and has resulted in people sending in their shoddy builds for lrb to work out and the other reason was they don't make any money off receivers alone and with barreling the receiver there able to at least make something off the labor. I would think the solution to those problems are very evident, don't warranty receivers that were built improperly and secondly charge enough for the receivers to make a profit. It's not my company so obviously they can do as they please but it's sure is a bummer. I also called bula forge and they too don't sell stripped receivers. Looks like im out of options for a stripped forged receiver. I wouldn't have imagined this scenario happening in a million years

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
The receivers that I posted about from Ted B are forged and exceptional quality.

·
Premium Member
15,916 Posts
I've been out the m14 game for about 3 years. My stupid impulsive self sold all of my beautiful m14s and now I really regret it. I noticed on lrbs website it says something it didn't used to. It says something along the lines of "receivers can only be purchased as part of a barreled action. CENSOREDGI is up with that? Collecting all the parts piece by piece and building it myself is the only way I'm interested in doing it. I refuse to pay for someone else barrel and headspace it. Not only that but I'm very anal about the headspace, locking lug surface contact and what grit is used. I also enjoy the process and picking the barrel and bolt and reasons you other builders don't need explained. So has lrb changed it business practice of selling stripped receivers? If they did they would be cutting off the niche market of builders, I know that's probably only a small percentage of an already small market but that small percentage that do build their often don't just build one and stop.

Lou has posted hear that they were using all available receivers for builds and that our supply would be coming along again.

·
Premium Member
7,008 Posts
Contact Lou at LRB and ask them when they will start selling receivers again. I heard they will and that they will add NM to the receiver if interested.

REN

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Kvesi122 that's what bula forge told me today when I called them to inquire about a stripped receiver. They have a great price for their barreled actions but they don't have a barrel that's fits the profile that I want

·
Registered
74 Posts
Looks like things have changed alot since I've been gone and not in a good way. I called lrb and was told they don't sell just the receivers and I was given two reasons. The first was that a lot of people have messed up their build and has resulted in people sending in their shoddy builds for lrb to work out and the other reason was they don't make any money off receivers alone and with barreling the receiver there able to at least make something off the labor. I would think the solution to those problems are very evident, don't warranty receivers that were built improperly and secondly charge enough for the receivers to make a profit. It's not my company so obviously they can do as they please but it's sure is a bummer. I also called bula forge and they too don't sell stripped receivers. Looks like im out of options for a stripped forged receiver. I wouldn't have imagined this scenario happening in a million years
Boomer. Someone at LRB misspoke. Although what you were told is true...and is a concern...it is NOT the reason we stopped selling stripped receivers.

Attached are pics of the first 30 M25 receivers we manufactured in almost 2 years. Picked them up from JV Precision last week for inspection. After inspection, most will have rear lugs welded on...then re-inspected. If all goes well, then off to heat treat and phosphate. These will be the first stripped receivers available for sale in over 2 years...with many more to follow. They will be identifiable by new marking on side. M14SA receivers will follow shortly thereafter along with bolts. Please hang in there...LOU

Below is a post we put in our area of the forum dated Sep 29, 2018 explaining why we could not sell stripped receivers:

LRB Arms Stripped Receiver Sales
LRB ARMS Receiver availability— Due to limited inventory, we stopped selling stripped receivers because we needed them for our in house builds. We WILL at minimal, sell a receiver if we install YOUR bolt and barrel.

Stripped receivers will once again be available for purchase anticipating beginning of 2019.

Our machine shop, JV Precision Machine Co, has been in the process of transferring our M14SA and M25 receiver production onto a new machine which is faster and much more efficient than the old ones. This involves a lot of program changes, parts inspections and machine calibrating. It’s still a work in progress. During this same time period, JVP has become ISO Certified. It’s been a challenging year for all involved, but the end results will be well worth it.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank our friends and customers for your support over the years, and thank all who have been patiently waiting for back order M25 and M25 rear lug rifles and actions. LOU

Attachments

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Did you ever go diving for the Glock?
Excellent. I was going to ask if the lake got drained.
I was also going to ask that "question". Did you ever go diving for the Glock and did you see your last post about it and see how many pages it morphed into??? -Lloyd BEERCHUG1

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Haha I can't believe you guys still remember the Glock my friend lost in the lake. We gave up on it due to how impractical getting out was especially since it was winter. The equipment that would have been needed was far beyond beyond our scope such as dry suit ect. To make matters worse the restrictive liberal laws in this area make it so that there's laws against swimming and laws against diving and on and on and on. So even if I hadn't moved to Montana before the weather and water warmed up enough to snorkel to try and get it out I don't think we would been able to get away with trying to dive to retrieve it. Montana didn't have the endless ridiculous laws that Colorado has. People there are allowed to swim, dive, even scuba dive and use non motorized boats all they want. All of which is banned here making it impossible to get the gun out of its watery grave.
On the receiver issue after reading Lou's post I can understand why lrb is having a supply shortage. Switching machining methods definitely explains it. I'm really curious how the new way of machining the receivers is gonna turn out and what the difference will be with some of the difficult areas to machine like the locking lugs

1 - 16 of 16 Posts