M14 Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Veitnamese AIA Enfield clones use M14 Magazines that have been modifed (well actually they are newly made not old stock) so they cant be used in a M14 to bypass laws that state that magazine restrictions are based on if the magazine can work in a semi-automatic rifle or not like in Canada. GI2

Dimitri

·
Registered
824 Posts
Dimitri thanks for the great pictures and information about Vietnam made Enfield clones. I am assuming that these are made by the current government of Vietnam and as such are not available in the U.S., are they available in Canada?. Another rifle I have to have now that is probably unavailable.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
The Mossberg MVP bolt gun also takes M14 mags, as well as AR-10 ones.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Third vote for the MVP, here. Mine is giving me ~0.5 MOA with FP GGM 168gr, at a reasonable price. Shooting most commercial hunting ammo within 1 MOA. Medium BULL Barrel, a decent laminated wood stock, and an awesome trigger. (Ok, so the bolt feels a little sloppy when the action is open, -- but it feeds reliably from both M14 and AR-10 Mags!). Out of the box, I needed to do a little filing on the fore end of the stock to achieve full float relief of the bbl; but it has solid bones, is made in USA, and I was happy to do it myself for the reasonable price point these things sell for. Not a battle rifle, but a nice complement to one that you can share mags between...

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
AR10 - Gen1 mags were converted M14 mags - they'd cut the top 60% of the catch plate off. These mags were often problematic due to the drag of the BHO device. They are not 'the' mag to have; however with some tweeking they will run.

For owners of Armalite based AR10s and M14 style guns these repsent an opportunity b/c the altered AR10 mags still run fine in an M14 platform.

Or - shall I say - mine do.
Was not aware of this, never tried it. Are you talking about both AR-10B and/or AR10A? I've got a AR-10B.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts