M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Fal boys get all the love with third party guns using thier mags.

Any such cases with the M14 Magazine?

There was a company promising to import Enfields in 308 using m14 mags, but that disappeared.

·
Registered
268 Posts
DorkFace said:
I think AR-10's use our mags.
Only with a modification that allows it to latch into the receiver. A square hole must be cut into the side of it like an AR15 magazine.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
I was hoping the Scar heavy would since it was designed for us and you don't see too many Fal's in the military right now. Strangely there are a few M14's left and a whole bunch of M14 magazines in inventory for them and a new usgi magazine manufacturer popping em out, but it is made by FN after all.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Lexington said:
Only with a modification that allows it to latch into the receiver. A square hole must be cut into the side of it like an AR15 magazine.
I think they lop off the latch plate also, dont they?

Lionseye, I'd guess they would go with a mag release system similar to AR's.

·
Banned
80 Posts
Bolt Action - Robar did a few. My understanding is that none of the bolt action / M14 mag combos ever really worked well. The hot set up now is the Badger bottom metal / AI mags.

AR10 - Gen1 mags were converted M14 mags - they'd cut the top 60% of the catch plate off. These mags were often problematic due to the drag of the BHO device. They are not 'the' mag to have; however with some tweeking they will run. For owners of Armalite based AR10s and M14 style guns these repsent an opportunity b/c the altered AR10 mags still run fine in an M14 platform.

Or - shall I say - mine do.

·
Rest in peace
1,399 Posts
Prior to the end of the AWB, it was illegal to modify high-cap magazines to fit another rifle. This was circumvented by allowing the magazine to function in either. As long as the Mags still worked in the M14 types, they could have the mod necessary to function in the AR-10.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Back in the 60s-80s there were companies like National Ordnance, and others, that were turning out bastardized BM-59s, some used BM-59 mags, but a lot of them used M-14 mags. Mostly these were made on re-welded Garand recievers or commercial recievers. There were also some M1 Garands converted to take M14 magazines, both full size, and Tankers.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Lexington said:

interceptor said:
I think they lop off the latch plate also, dont they?
No, the plate fits into a recess in the mag well from what I remember the last time I handled an AR10.

·
Registered
29 Posts
.308 Vepr that take M14 mags

I have a .308 Russian Veper AK that was converted to take M14 mags. It was converted by Mark Krebs of Krebs Custom Guns. He doesn't do the conversion anymore so I lucked out.
It functions flawlessly but damn is it heavy.
It also has the AK74 type muzzel break.

·
Registered
188 Posts
mag

In your photo, the mag on the right is the modified M-14 mag.
I own two AR 10s and have both type I and type II.

The new one doesn't work very well in my rifles. The older rifles need to have a new bolt stop installed for proper function.

That said, the M-14 modified mags run flawlessly in my older AR 10s

CIB3
JMPWNG2

·
Registered
393 Posts
"Anyone have any info on the m14 using Galil's?"

The early .308 Galils used modified M14 mags. The M14 mags had the latch plates milled off and then front and rear AK style locking lugs welded on. Voila! Galil mags!

I have not heard of any M14's using Galil mags.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts