M14 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any detailed pics showing the difference in receivers that have & have not the step in the heel area ... ???

I can't remember offhand which one has which and whether it was prebans and postbans as well as manufacturers and dates of manufacture ...

I briefly remember that one had a difference where there was a step in the heel area of the receiver while the others did not ...

Lookin' for some good pics showing this if possible ...

Thanks,

Six

·
Super Moderator
12,072 Posts
SixTGunr, I think that at some time post and pre-ban both have and that step or ridge at one time or the other. Springfield Armory has used a few(2 or 3) venders for there recievers. So I think that there is more than 1 range with the step that you mention. I`ve been wrong many times before so don`t take this as gosple

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Six,

The step on the underside of the receiver is common on preban SA M1As.

http://www.firemission.com/m1a/underside.jpg

I even e-mailed Dale Rader about it & his response is that that was the way the company that used to make their receivers for them made them.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys and thanks for the pic Quag ... :wink:

I remember seeing that very same pic somewhere before too ...

You guys have been helpful ... :wink:

Six

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Aloha SixT:

All of my "older" receivers have the step towards the heel of the receiver. I do not know when the machined step was changed from the heel area to just back of the receiver leg.

On my current SA M1A's, my Poly and the Armscorp, the step was just "aft" of the receiver leg.

This is a custom wood stock that is meant for the newer SA receivers or similar in "step".

I hope this helps. These were very old pictures.

Aloha,

Tom O.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.