M14 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
R T Delta
150 Posts
in no particular order, oticon, phonak, and widex are regarded as the best.
siemens and resound occupy a second tier.
beltone and unitron take a third tier.
i think costco started selling resound.
the VA actually usually dispenses top line hearing aids. service is rather variable, though.

DO NOT BUY A MIRACLE EAR. they are just as expensive as the top line hearing aids, but inferior in quality and features. they have to pay for those TV ads somehow, right?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info.Happy New Year.

Thanks a bunch for the info,
Saves me alot of time, Have a great New Year,

·
Registered
9,601 Posts
I got a pair of Phonaks from the VA and they work very well. The problem with the VA is that the person setting up these newer hearing aids may or may not be properly trained by the manufacturer so they don't know the little quirks that make them work to their greatest advantage.

in no particular order, oticon, phonak, and widex are regarded as the best.
siemens and resound occupy a second tier.
beltone and unitron take a third tier.
i think costco started selling resound.
the VA actually usually dispenses top line hearing aids. service is rather variable, though.

DO NOT BUY A MIRACLE EAR. they are just as expensive as the top line hearing aids, but inferior in quality and features. they have to pay for those TV ads somehow, right?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I would recommend seeing an audiologist too, there are so many brands now, with the phonak ambra, oction, widex clear and others that have been mentioned starkey and resound, they all have great specifications and will help improve the hearing loss whilst you are outside. I would do some back ground research first have a look at the actual websites and have a look at the specs. I have personally loved the phonak ambra and it is great for being absolutely anywhere, it has really boosted my confidence. However an audiologist will be able to see what is going to benefit you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts