M14 Forum banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
An easy rule of thumb, if you can afford what you have, it isn’t enough.

·
Registered
M1a Scout Squad
60 Posts
I cat afford any 308 ammo but I just ordered another 2k rounds. This M1a may get me divorced lol. Not really but I cringe everytime I hit "add to cart" ...just waiting for my sensible half to yank my bank card. Lmao

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
I cat afford any 308 ammo but I just ordered another 2k rounds. This M1a may get me divorced lol. Not really but I cringe everytime I hit "add to cart" ...just waiting for my sensible half to yank my bank card. Lmao
i dont shoot mine very much ,i hate breaking it down and cleaning it , where did you find 2k of .308?

·
Registered
M1a Scout Squad
60 Posts
I got them from a member of a gun trading forum I belong to in SW Florida. We buy, sell and trade all kinds of gun related items including bulk ammo.

·
Registered
4,933 Posts
Enough ammo.

What defines "enough."

I remember dad showing me his stacks of (covered) fire wood one year. My dad believed in being prepared, for anything.

As we finished up our trip from the yard to the area above the old garden across the road I asked him, "Dad, how much wood do you have stacked up around here?" He said, "Not more than 3, maybe 4 years worth." I asked why he felt like he needed that much wood and he said, "You never know when I might get down in my back or get bad sick and not be able to cut wood for several months, or even a year or two. I need to make sure we've got enough to get through any bad times."

Understand, too, cutting wood was one of dad's "hobbies." Like working in the garden, keeping the grass/weeds/brush cut not only on his property but also up and down the road from the hard road to the house. He enjoyed working.

But, the point is, how much ammo you have should depend on how much you think you'll use in hard times and how long you might go before being able to replenish the stock.

Reactions: m14brian

·
Registered
384 Posts
Optics Planet has Sierra 168's and 175's Matchkings. Not cheap but not stupid either.

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
Enough ammo.

What defines "enough."

I remember dad showing me his stacks of (covered) fire wood one year. My dad believed in being prepared, for anything.

As we finished up our trip from the yard to the area above the old garden across the road I asked him, "Dad, how much wood do you have stacked up around here?" He said, "Not more than 3, maybe 4 years worth." I asked why he felt like he needed that much wood and he said, "You never know when I might get down in my back or get bad sick and not be able to cut wood for several months, or even a year or two. I need to make sure we've got enough to get through any bad times."

Understand, too, cutting wood was one of dad's "hobbies." Like working in the garden, keeping the grass/weeds/brush cut not only on his property but also up and down the road from the hard road to the house. He enjoyed working.

But, the point is, how much ammo you have should depend on how much you think you'll use in hard times and how long you might go before being able to replenish the stock.
Did your dad depend on wood to heat the house, or to cook?
Was it a necessity for your home?

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
I placed an order with one of the sellers offering bulk Hirtenberger this week. I also took a hard inventory of what I have in .308/7.62x51 over the weekend. With this latest purchase, I now have........wait for it......... that’s right, more than I had before.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts