M14 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
I have all the ammo I need, several boxes of 22 cal and several boxes of 12ga for my shotguns! If a couple boxes of 12ga bird shot won’t do it, I will fall back on my Buckmark 22!

REN 😎
I think we all should take out the shotgun and fire off two blasts like like sleepy joe said!

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
Enough to cover my existing calibers.

But I was hoping to start reloading 300 blackout to try suppressed but I don’t have any small rifle primers or powder for the 300bo. I guess I could do some horse trading with large for small primers if I really have the need.
Trading might be easier than actually trying to buy primers.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
How many rounds did a GI carry for the M1 in WW II?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Waist belt of 80 and 1 bandolier of 48 =128. 2 bandoliers. and belt =176

But in most cases WW2 GIs probably had nearly unlimited supply.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Does the .45 colt take .452 bullets? If so I have some you can have for cost of shipping.
Bob
Hey, that's very generous! I have no idea! If so, I would be happy to pay you shipping as well as something on top of that for the bullets themselves. I would think somebody here would know.

Wikipedia says...

"The modern .45 Colt bullet has changed as well, and it is now .451 inches in diameter for jacketed bullets, and .452 for lead bullets."

So, I guess that if that is true, the answer would be yes for plain lead, and no for jacketed.

Any .45 Colt experiencers have opinions on these?

45- 200 SWC
Or....
Hornady 45 Caliber .451 200gr XTP Bullets /100 - Red River Reloading & Outdoors

My wife would like to know stuff she can buy me for Christmas :p

·
Registered
M1a Scout Squad
60 Posts
As just bought my first M1 Socom 16 (my only M1a) and my first batch of 1k rounds I think I'm ok for the time being. I also have 3k round of green tips for my Mk18 and 1k 9mm.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Hey, that's very generous! I have no idea! If so, I would be happy to pay you shipping as well as something on top of that for the bullets themselves. I would think somebody here would know.

Wikipedia says...

"The modern .45 Colt bullet has changed as well, and it is now .451 inches in diameter for jacketed bullets, and .452 for lead bullets."

So, I guess that if that is true, the answer would be yes for plain lead, and no for jacketed.

Any .45 Colt experiencers have opinions on these?

45- 200 SWC
Or....
Hornady 45 Caliber .451 200gr XTP Bullets /100 - Red River Reloading & Outdoors

My wife would like to know stuff she can buy me for Christmas :p
Box of 250 lead round nose with wax ring lube. Mostly full. 2 boxes 100 rds FMJ flat nose both almost full. Weight 250 grains. Lead mic.453 - FMJ mic .452
Bob

·
Registered
979 Posts
I think a lot depends on when they clear the backlog of ammo manufacturing and orders. I have enough, but not enough to go have fun with as often as I'd want to. I've been buying powder, bullets, and occasionally primers when I find the primers for 3-4 times the normally price, not 10X what some people are charging. Powder and bullets are still easy to get. I started making my own 300blk brass in preparation for some subsonic ammo. Waiting on the ATF to approve my stuff still. I'll tell you what, they have no issue cashing your check the day they receive your application but gleefully drag their feet to give you a worthless tax stamp in return!

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
If i come across military surplus ball (radway green, hirtenberger,Australian, South african) I dont care how expensive it is i am buying it. Period.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Makes one wonder why all the surplus dried up. Is it economics no further surplusing by foreign governments or are there foreign political forces involved.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
Makes one wonder why all the surplus dried up. Is it economics no further surplusing by foreign governments or are there foreign political forces involved.
It's been over 30 years since any country has fielded a 7.62 Service Rifle. Only machine guns nowadays. Ammunition for them is packaged differently.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Box of 250 lead round nose with wax ring lube. Mostly full. 2 boxes 100 rds FMJ flat nose both almost full. Weight 250 grains. Lead mic.453 - FMJ mic .452
Bob
Unfortunately, with the limited information I have, that sounds like it's just .001" too big. I don't know how much of a difference that would actually make, but it'd be a shame to both blow myself up, or also sit on them and not be able to get them used. But I do really appreciate the offer. It means quite a lot. :)

For what were they originally intended anyway?

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
Unfortunately, with the limited information I have, that sounds like it's just .001" too big. I don't know how much of a difference that would actually make, but it'd be a shame to both blow myself up, or also sit on them and not be able to get them used. But I do really appreciate the offer. It means quite a lot. :)

250 grain projectiles are usually for 45 long colt according to the hornady data

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
1. People purchased it all
2. Vendors got there supply chains shut off because import laws, foreign countries not wanting civilians to own it.
3. Bill clinton i believe stopped the sale of first run ammunition don't quote me on that though.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts

Don't know what they were for. Just given to me by a friend.
Gog

21 - 40 of 75 Posts