M14 Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
problem?

When I approach 30 units is when i will admit I have a problem. DI2

I am at 8 built ones now and I am just starting -

When my M14s equal the numbers of my AR15s then I am complete.

If you are deciding to divorce the wife to get another rifle, then my advice is you have reached the point of quitting. Don't get that rifle. So long as it is not bothering the wife, keep going. IMO

Reactions: weshowe

·
Registered
953 Posts
nf1e..... LEGEND. I pale in comparison but in my immediate and extended circle of friends.... I have a problem lol

You are in good shape Wes. There is a significant difference between addiction and a collector of variants. Those that don't understand that may need professional help. I am told that TonyBen, Ted Brown and others are available to provide the said professional help.
This photo is of quite a few different possibilities with the M14 type rifle. I have added some since this photo was taken this Spring and more are on the horizon. There are much worse hobbies for us retired folks to participate in.

[URL=https://s1180.photobucket.com/user/nf1e/media/nf1e150/The%20herd%202020%201.jpg.html][/URL]

Reactions: nf1e

·
Premium Member
15,725 Posts
If an individual had over 50 Rolex watches in his collection, would that person need help?

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Why in the world would anyone want 50 watches?? We're talking something of value here-rifles. Whole different thing all together!

·
Forum Jester
7,094 Posts
Gents,

I've decided that the M-14 hobby may be getting out of hand...

I recently purchased a McMillan M2A stock. That's not the issue. What it means is that when built it will be M-14 number 8 for me. That's a lot of 14's and I haven't even started to build all the variants yet...

Now I know that Art has around 50 some M-14's built and he seems OK to me.

I guess the only thing to do is to find a shrink that likes M-14's, too, and progress from there...DI5

What should I do?

S/F,

Wes
when you exceed the little woman's shoe numbers vs m14's,then worry.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Gents,

I've decided that the M-14 hobby may be getting out of hand...

I recently purchased a McMillan M2A stock. That's not the issue. What it means is that when built it will be M-14 number 8 for me. That's a lot of 14's and I haven't even started to build all the variants yet...

Now I know that Art has around 50 some M-14's built and he seems OK to me.

I guess the only thing to do is to find a shrink that likes M-14's, too, and progress from there...DI5

What should I do?

S/F,

Wes
buy a bigger safe. Build a range at home. Etc...

·
NSR
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
mescalito and all,

I'm up to three safes now...somehow I think the city fathers would frown on a range in the city limits of Salem, OR.

Wes

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Sorry you are stuck in the "city", Wes. Time for a country cabin in the big woods where a man can be free to enjoy his passions. You'll need one when SHTF, which it will if Dems win Nov.

·
Registered
6,439 Posts
M14 addiction is an incurable disorder, just go with it and enjoy yourself, yukedy, yuk!

·
Registered
998 Posts
I don't see any problems whatsoever.
I own over 30 Browning A5s, and as I have said over and over for years----"I am 66 years old. Over the years I
have wasted for more money on far stupider things.....".

Gotta go, I am on my way to pick up another A5.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
"Do I need professional help?" is the question. The answer is simple. If you are a member of an enthusiast site such as this, then it is already too late. You are past the point of no return, and there is no treatment, therapy or remedy for this malady. We are all lost to the sickness, and recovery is not an available option. Rest easy, we all have plenty of company; no need to face this alone.

You need professional help if you can't build them yourself. GI1
Talk about turning the question around on the language itself, this is the top comment on the thread. Nicely done, Cowtownscout.

Honorable mention to Ted Brown's offer as a respected professional.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts