M14 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
SO it took me a while to find the stock. Who really wants an old ass USGI fiberglass, brown stock? No one, right? That was what I thought. It took almost a year of looking to finally get one! Then there is the scope mount, that takes time, then fitting a decent scope, or just one that works(Like I have the cash to lay out for that Flat Dark earth Leupold). Well, still need a bipod fitting for it, got the bipod though, then it will finally be done.
But you ask, who takes an FAM14 Peerless match rifle and turns int into a turd? What kind of crazy ass does this? Some former sick in the head, twisted Jarhead type who eventually found a home as a child in the Army, yeah, that's about right. Well, here it as as it sits right now, still dang near two years in the works, but so close...one small bipod flat elongated part from Harris to go under the gas tube, yeah, THAT $12 part...what can I say, CENSOREDGI comes up...over, and over, and over...

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
692 Posts
Oorah! I like it!

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
18,096 Posts
Cool rifle! Don't sweat the time it's taking, the rifle I have up for M14 of the month took me 12 years to finally complete. The M14 is a labor of love, and they're rarely "done".
m14brian

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dang, I got a warning for language. I guess the PC bug has even crawled into this place. I WAS feeling quite good after a nice pour of Rittenhouse Rye 21 y/o and a Padron 45 though. I let my inner Marine loose and didn't realize the leash wasn't tightened down. He's a coarse one, he is, but a better man in a fight cannot be found ;)

I just thought about that 'never done' aspect. You are right. Even after I make a pad for the comb out of sleep mat and electrical tape(I'll be tightening it down with the new blood donor first aid tape first so my paint won't get stuck to tape), I will still find those little things...ah well...back to work, have a Psychology paper to work on and finish before my best friend and hell raiser arrives for the weekend's celebrations of No2 son turning 18

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good choice in music. GI7

Bonne chance in your rifle endeavor too! GI8
Speaking of Gaslight, they put on a hell of a show! Got tickets for the next Nashville show too. Against Me is warming up for them. That will be interesting since Tom Gables is now Laura Jane Grace(or something like that). I hope they play some old stuff instead of a lot of the stuff from the new CD that cries about being gender dysphoric and other itchy vag issues. The punk rock is still fun as all get out.
The best show down here so far has been Social Distortion at, The Ryman. Yes, punk rock headlining The Ryman Auditorium, punk rock in the audience benches, and punk rock on the stage. The best part was when Joe Ginsberg of Chuck Ragan's band came up with SD and they cranked up some old school Hank Williams.
Flogging Molly's, Dropkick Murphy's, Dave Haus, and from Nashville, Joshua Black Wilkins, who is spawn of not one, but TWO Marine parents(he went to sign up to go fight after 9-11, but both of his parents said, 'Son, you have a choice. You can rock and roll which is what you are really good at, or you can go be a Marine. Think about what you really want, and what you are really good at'. MOM did say, HELL NO!
So he stayed here and has played some kick butt rockabilly music...oh, good coffee this morning...dang, I ramble!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts