M14 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do not have a M14/M1A, YET! But I'm planing out a build that I would like to do but still undecided about a few options. Just as the title states, I was wondering with different MOD type stocks (Vltor, Blackfeather, Sage, etc.) how difficult is it to do the swap from regular stock the new stock? And also after new stock is properly mated with the receiver assembly how difficult is the cleaning process and disassembly from that stock?

I have done minor gunsmithing type things but nothing very technical. I like being able to clean my firearms thoroughly, old habits from the military. All opinions would be helpful. Thanks.

Sent from my AC130 to drop some knowledge bombs on you.

·
Super Moderator
11,119 Posts
Routine cleaning for any M14 rifle does not require any disassembly at all. Switching from a regular stock to a JAE or a VLTOR stock should not require any modification at all. Switching from regular to SAGE, black feather and maybe Troy requires a different operating rod guide and it may take 15 minutes to 2 hours to change, depending on how tight the operating rod guides fit over the barrel.

Tony.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a M1 Garand, almost identical, and I disassemble it to clean it. It doesn't require it for cleaning but I do it. Thanks for the information on the stocks. I'm still not sure which stock I would like for my build though. I have ARs and shot ARs for years but I want my M14/M1A to be different but still familiar.

Sent from my AC130 to drop some knowledge bombs on you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts