M14 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a Thunderbeast 30-P1 waiting on its stamp right now. I originally bought it for my remington 700 but was looking at a few options by Delta P and Gemtech which provide you with a direct thread on option. I have a question though. My remington 700 has a really nice timed muzzle brake that threads off by hand so I can put my suppressor on. I would like to have some sort of muzzle device other than a thread protector on my SOCOM 16 when I am not using my suppressor but does anyone know if there are any options out there where I can take the brake on and off easy without performing surgery?

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
If the scout has threads suitable to the can, then any generic flash hider should screw right on also, correct?

So you can use a hider from an AR, for example, when not using the can.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know that the other muzzle devices will fit. My question is are there any out there you guys know of that don't require say a crush washer and wrench to take on and off for the SOCOM 16?

·
Registered
826 Posts
Since you already have the suppressor, on a Socom your best option would be:

Install an SEI Socom gas lock which has 5/8-24 threads on it.

Run just about any .30 cal brake with those threads and have a threaded washer made (more like a spacer really) so the brake times properly without a crush washer.

Then you should be able to remove and replace the brake without any timing issues or having to really wrench on it hard.

The only other problem you may encounter depending on your suppressor is whether you will need a thread extension so the breech end of the suppressor can clear the gas plug. Hope that helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts