M14 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a bush model M1a today and other than the flash hider and the forward optic mount is there any difference? Do the bush rifles have the standard barrels on them?

Thanks,
Andy

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chuck S said:
The barrels are the same length and thicker than standard M14 barrels.
They're unlined.

The forward optic mount is really the only "fersure" difference. Flash supressor fitted Scout Squads have been seen, the muzzle brake is the California approved model.

The Scout Squads I've seen also had a horrible black krinkle painted fiberglas stock with a thick rubber recoil pad on them.

My Scout became a Bush about 15 minutes after I got it home -- it had all the features listed above. I sold the parts right away.

For some reason the Bush and Scout rifles have very high front sights and won't work with standard height sights. When I replaced the neutered M14 flash supressor with a Vortex, however, the standard M14 M14 sight would work.

-- Chuck
Well crap. I guess I can't use the scout forward mount on the bush then if the barrels are different. I was hoping this would not be the case. Thanks Chuck for the reply.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I called SA today and was told they were the same barrels. I hoped so because I so wanted the forward optic rail. So according to SA the mounts will work. Nice.......Just wanted to update my findings. I'll post pics of my Bush rifle this weekend.

Andy :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.