M14 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the differences between the two mags? I'm referring to any of them, whether it be the 10 round or 20 rounder.

If someone can post up some side by side pics of both types of mags for comparison, that would be great.

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
Don't have pics , but the asian ones are blued while all USGI are parkerized. The USGI all have a makers mark on them, The asians have no marks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sportsman's Guide is offering Tiwanese M14 mags on the cheap. These aren't Chicom. They are reportedly made on US equipment sold to Tiwan.

Anyone have info on these mags? If they are as good or close to as good, I might pick up a couple to use for range practice/training, and save my GI mags.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have a few of the Taiwanese M-14 Mags and the have worked good for me thus far. I did a side by side comparison and only found 2 differences: 1. Finish color (matte black) 2. The spot welds on the rear lug. Also did a magnet test and they're steel, just like USGI.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
let me read something out of the U.S. RIFLE M14. page 317says: Apparently,the Nationalist thought they purchased enough equipment to manufacture the entire rifle, but found they did not receive the tooling for some parts, including the magazine and flash suppressor. Succcessful
manufacture of magazines eluded the Tiawanese until this year:

·
Banned
611 Posts
Taiwan type 57 mags recently imported do have a slightly different spring but they have worked great in mine and my customers rifles. The finish on them have all been parkerized but are hit and miss it seems as for the quality of the finish. A couple from my supplier and several from another supplier have had rust spots on them. I have reparked a couple hundred of them now to the darker USGI color and the heat treatment and quality of their constuction is very evident after they are sandblasted. They are, in my opinion at least equal to or maybe even better than gi mags. Price wise you can't go wrong on them even if they must be refinished. The cheap wrappings they ship them in is the only inferior thing about them compared to usgi.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.