M14 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a Badger Ordnance op rod spring guide from Fulton, but apparently they don't sell them anymore and they sent me a FA NM op rod spring guide.

My plan is to send it back and get the Badger from Brownells, however I would like to know the difference between the FA and BAdger before I do this.

Anybody know what the difference between the FA and Badger op rod spring guide is?

Is the FA one round and fluted?

Differences in performance?

Picture of the FA one, I've seen the Badger one?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Aloha M1A Owner,

I have purchased op rod spring guides from Fulton Armory, Badger, Warbird, Rooster33 and quite a few others, and although made from various and different materials, all function the same. I could not say the Badger is necessarily better than the Fulton Armory.

In looks, the stainless steel used by Rooster33 is very impressive. I understand some have started to "flute" the guides, which is "cool" but not necessarily more functional...

IMHO, I think it boils down to what you think has the cool factor, fits your budget, etc., because all of them will do the job and for me, without any problems.

Another producer you might consider if you are "shopping" is Sadlak, he has produced some outstanding products as well.

I hope this helps and is only my humble opinion.

Aloha,

Tom O.

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
I used to buy Brookfield Precsion NM oprod guides from Fulton and they are made from one piece and have flat sides. They are no longer in business.

The Fulton NM oprod guides are made in two pieces by welding which can break. I have not seen the Badger or Rooster ones, but one piece is definitely stronger than the welded two piece style from what I have read.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I own Badger's , Fulton's and Sadlak's....I prefer Badger's most of all, they just seem better made ,not that the others are bad, just MHO

RED DOT

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I've owned both the Fulton and the original U.S.G.I. Brookfield PT. They are both made the same way, ... by welding the head off of an original flat op-rod spring guide into a rod of steel which has had the sides machined flat and the leading end tapered. The welds looked plenty strong on both. I Have never seen the Badger one, but the Sadlak is advertised as being machined from a single piece of metal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.