M14 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep! Ordered a forged 7.62mm barreled action today! Now it's gonna seem like Christmas Eve for the next week until it arrives!

So here's the can of worms I'm gonna open, and I hope ya'll will give me your best opinions, pro or con...

What stock should I dress this baby with? At the moment I'm leanin' towards a folding, or bullpup configuration, but I want something that's well-balanced, and that will bring out the greatest amount of accuracy from this ol' dog (me). What are the different varieties out there besides Sage, JAE, Troy, and Short Rifle?

Thanks,

JohnD

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Cheek weld sucks on a folder. They travel great tho. Good luck finding a quality folder without busting the budget. The originals have all been spoken for and the ones available are costly or shot out loose. A new McMillan MFS-14 rigged out the way it should be is $804. That's why I didn't go that route. Carbon Fiber from McCann Industries is a great option but in the end it's costing about the same with a M4 Socom folder from ACE put on it.

Never seen a M14 bullpup. That'd be different.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did It! reply1

Thanks! Exactly the type of comments I'm looking for!

Really want something that I can carry across fields and through the woods (to Grandmother's house?) and still hunt varmints out to 500 yds+.

Then again, maybe I'm hallucinating about a "perfect" rifle.

Check out ShortRifles for a Bullpup M14 configuration. Pricey, but oh so cool!

Thanks again.

·
"Death From Above"
11,443 Posts
Look at the Mcmillan MFS-14 rifle stock it a folder. Also Mcann stocks he would put a folder on the set up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts