M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a little work trade for my newest addition.
I built this for him. He was in HM-15 prior to coming to NAS Kingsville and working planes in the civilian life...

And he built this for me. Nice little brand new RI .45 compact that was cerakoted with new grip and a 3.5 lb trigger.

We are both pretty happy.

Brandon

·
Registered
218 Posts
Another advanced level modeler! I'm always very excited when I see there are other modelers out there. You do some very nice work.

I have been in hiatus since adopting my daughter, but I am looking forward to when I can get back to building. i build mostly armor, but I've built some of the MRC 1:35th scale helicopters a while back, but I lost them in a moving accident.

I'm guessing that is one of the 1:48th scale helos?

I built this for him. He was in HM-15 prior to coming to NAS Kingsville and working planes in the civilian life...

And he built this for me. Nice little brand new RI .45 compact that was cerakoted with new grip and a 3.5 lb trigger.

Brandon

·
Super Moderator
11,387 Posts
Awesome! You just took me back 15 years! Amazing detail on the cockpit! It's very accurate! Great job on the rotor head (sleeve & spindles) and the cargo bay.

My only comment is that it's missing the exhaust and oil stains! ;)

Tony.

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
Not a D. MH 53, closest to the E model. Minesweeper. 3rd engine is there. Always thought the landing gear sponsons were funny, I guess they hold more fuel?

I like mine to fly when I'm done. This one might look vaguely familiar to some, its converted from an Airwolf fuselage. I removed the turbojets and machine guns.

Now with FLIR, winch, radar, and working LED nightsun.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts

Brandon
Sir!! My hat is off to you . . I am also a modeler . . you sir set the bar very high! I am currently working on a 1/125 scale model of my Uncle Jack's Fletcher Class Destroyer, the USS Luce, DD-522 . . .been working on it off and on for 2 years now . . some scratch building because I have to convert the Revell kit (round bridge) to the square bridge (Luce was the square bridge variant) if it looks half that good i will be very happy . .

Reactions: Bravosierra001

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Awesome! You just took me back 15 years! Amazing detail on the cockpit! It's very accurate! Great job on the rotor head (sleeve & spindles) and the cargo bay.

Tony.
There is always a critic!! GI2

Reactions: tonyben

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
That is impressive work on that model!

As a kid, I was HORRIBLE at putting models together, but I LOVED building them. I'd always end up with glue all over the windows, and parts that were supposed to move....that didn't. GI1

I've gotten a LITTLE better in my "old age", been slowly working on a P-38 to hang in the daughters room. MY ceiling was covered in model airplanes when I was a kid... figured I'd give her a little taste of the same.

She already has been bitten by the aviation bug after all. GI2 Here's her on her last flight....I'd share a pic of the P-38 in progress, but its so pitiful in comparison.

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Bravo Zulu to both!

Helos scare the anal darts out of me.....bad experience in a Sea Knight...after fluid from above dripping and soaking my blues we crashed on deck of a combat stores floater (USS Niagara Falls) of the coast of Masirah/Saudi.....and had to spend the night onboard ("whats them wings and flaming bomb thingy on that crow there bub?").....also watched a 53 cant hard on a lift off and come down after rotors hit the deck and threw non-skid everywhere....was thrown on one during a mass casualty drill with fake guts hanging out of my coveralls and swear when it banked my stretcher was going to slide out...then there was the time (the LAST) I was in one when I was humped up a hill and flown to Balboa with my knee/foot/shin/calf facing the wrong way after a tumble down range with EODMU3....I just don't understand helos and their hate for me....my brother is a helo pilot for a police dept....he flew Cobras for the Army...he's a nutjob...

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
That is impressive work on that model!

As a kid, I was HORRIBLE at putting models together, but I LOVED building them. I'd always end up with glue all over the windows, and parts that were supposed to move....that didn't. GI1

I've gotten a LITTLE better in my "old age", been slowly working on a P-38 to hang in the daughters room. MY ceiling was covered in model airplanes when I was a kid... figured I'd give her a little taste of the same.

She already has been bitten by the aviation bug after all. GI2 Here's her on her last flight....I'd share a pic of the P-38 in progress, but its so pitiful in comparison.
Me too....glue all over....but I was really terrible putting the decals on...sideways, crooked, torn, folded...you name it I could not get them on correct.....they were so slimy after dipping in water...

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)

Tony.
I can't see the details of the helo but looks like a 53D to me. I don't see a third engine nor count seven blades.
Yea I kept it clean. There are some stains on the other side, and another engine!

Hawk, it is a MH-53E Sea Dragon it has seven blades and a third engine. Kinda hated to fold the blades, but if not my friend would have needed a space 28"x28" to store it on. This pic shows the other side!

Thanks all for the kind commentsICONSMILE

Brandon

The real deal...

These shots were taken by me during a recovery I was on of one of our crashed birds. Brought down by a buzzard. The helo is from the same squadron (HM-15) and was used to lift it out.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts