Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Devine M1A receiver sn 000099 built with USGI parts. GB no. 212423739

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Elmore Balance started Springfield Inc. then sold it to the Reese's after making a little over 2200 to 2400 receivers and assembled M1A rifles. Kind of the Grand Daddy. I believe he is still living in Tx. See the Devine sticky on this site. Different has accumulated the history on the Devine, Tx. Springfield beginnings.

CT

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My appologies to Elmer C. Balance for misspelling his name.

CT

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
It's serial 99 built by a smitty in Ohio, NOT a Devine Texas rifle. It simply has an early "Devine era" receiver. If it aint built by Elmer and duely marked, it aint a Devine.

A good rule of thumb to follow is

Built in Devine Texas= Devine
Built anywhere else= Not Devine

·
Registered
11 Posts
It's serial 99 built by a smitty in Ohio, NOT a Devine Texas rifle. It simply has an early "Devine era" receiver. If it aint built by Elmer and duely marked, it aint a Devine.

A good rule of thumb to follow is

Built in Devine Texas= Devine
Built anywhere else= Not Devine
thanks for the info almost bought it

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Reactions: nf1e and maxaks

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Got too excited and didn’t pay attention
WOW Roger I just noticed you joined in 2008 and only have 3 posts. Man of few words, but I bet you have read a lot of good stuff on this forum. :giggle:

Reactions: buckshotu2

·
Registered
11 Posts
Love with the M 14 e2 spend a lot of time on GunBroker searching for e2 stocks and older pre-ban m1a don’t have a devine yet There’s one on gun broker serial number 79 I believe just wondering if it’s legit

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts