M14 Forum banner

Devine Road Trip (pix heavy)

7717 Views 45 Replies 26 Participants Last post by  dogfoot
I went to see Elmer Ballance Thursday & Friday. I had him sign my rifle, original marked to the rifle magazines, some books and a I ❤ Devine t-shirt. We had a good visit, telling stories and jokes. At 90 years old, he is still enjoying his shop.
I took a bunch of pictures. Here are some of his trophies and a picture from 1964 Camp Perry. I was able to pick him out in the picture.

Can you tell which way the wind was blowing?
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

· Registered
912 Posts
I was there about 5 years ago , he really hasn't changed much , and the shop has not changed any either. still has all those stocks on wall . did you get to see Serial # 00001 ? last time he tried to sell it for 50,000.00 to me . no have that much cash to plunk down on a rifle .
and he did make me bring some fried chicken and a six pack of beer when I called and asked if he needed anything before I came over LOL. so I got to sit there and eat a piece of chicken and drink a beer with him. got to hear stories and a lot of anti govn chit , he no like the feds .
interesting fella with a lot of history and fame & knowledge in our world of M1A's. he says what he says and does not hold back.
RB

· Registered
836 Posts
I was there about 5 years ago , he really hasn't changed much , and the shop has not changed any either. still has all those stocks on wall . did you get to see Serial # 00001 ? last time he tried to sell it for 50,000.00 to me . no have that much cash to plunk down on a rifle .
and he did make me bring some fried chicken and a six pack of beer when I called and asked if he needed anything before I came over LOL. so I got to sit there and eat a piece of chicken and drink a beer with him. got to hear stories and a lot of anti govn chit , he no like the feds .
interesting fella with a lot of history and fame & knowledge in our world of M1A's. he says what he says and does not hold back.
RB
👌

· Registered
875 Posts
He wanted me to tell everyone, he has OP rods & bolts for sale.
I bought a couple bolts from him about 5-7 years ago. They were reclaimed drill rifle bolts, he conveniently forgot to mention that part. I called him on it and he tried to say they were as good as original bolts and that's what he used on all his rifles. In the end he did take them back and refunded my money.

Elmer may be one of the founding fathers of the civilian M14 type rifle and I own two of his Divine rifles, but his business practices are a little shady. Nevertheless, its good to see he's still with us and I enjoyed seeing the pictures of him and his shop.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.