M14 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across a low numbered Devine but it has a questionable cut out on the receiver directly above the stock liner. Should I steer away from buying it? Mr. Ballance said it is not anything he did to his receivers. Since I am new to the forum, I am not allowed on to post a picture. Any help would be great...

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Some pics would certainly help ....

Let me check and edit your account so u can post some pics ...

Out

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
is this the cutout?

if so ... how long is that?

Six

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I am not sure? I added some more pictures. The guy sent me the following after I asked him about it..."All old military M14A1's were built like that, that is the notch for
the selector switch, this being a semi automatic it does not have the selector switch". I think he might be confused about the location of the cut out when I questioned him". This is my first M1A purchase so I want to make sure I get a bang for my buck (no pun intended). It does not help that I am a girl trying to figure this out !

·
Banned
3,729 Posts
Cut Out

That cut was an after production mod. made for the purpose of installing the Opt Rod in the same manner as a M14 rod is installed. Personally I like the idea, rather it is a legal I don't know. art

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
I'd say that's for the connector... I think the ATF might frown on that mod.
I agree ... I'd have to pass on this one ...GI5

Shame too .... GI4

Six

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bummer!

Rats! I thought I found a gem! I will keep my eyes open for the right one to come along. Thank you all so much for your input!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Nice looking rifle otherwise. Even has a TRW bolt I believe. Couldn't a gunsmith fix that cutout? If so, get a screaming deal on it, have it repaired and enjoy. That is the first rifle I have seen with a homemade hack to the receiver like that. People are crazy stupid sometimes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts