M14 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
A Devine serial number range receiver does not make a Devine rifle! Elmer sold/traded a lot of receivers that were later turned into rifles. Just not Devine's.
IMHO if Jackson Armory wants $4.5K for it this is one of those times when they should go into detail. Are the other ID marks for a genuine Devine present on this rifle? If so post some pictures of it.

I'll stop ranting now.SOAPBOX1

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
BillyW, My earlier rant was meant for the way Jackson Armory was presenting the product for sale. In no way did I intend any of it towards you.
Peace, Love,
Out.
BIGTHUMPUPBEERCHUG1

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HAHA none taken mate! Maybe you should email the Jackson Armory guys and educate them, I've been there a few times and they seem genuinely honest...I doubt they know what they actually have.

Cheers!

·
In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,515 Posts
I was curious so I sent them a note about seeing the barrel stamping and serial number. Remember some of the late Devine Tx rifles got assembled as early Genesco rifles. I do have the production notes here (Compiled by Lee Emerson).
Just gonna keep railing about those notes aren't you. Do you get a lot of PM's asking to see the notes? I bet you do.

you know what i'd like to see, you on you tube giving a lecture on the m14.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
About two years ago I had a near Devine experience at the local gun show. Nice standard grade rifle and when I looked at the receiver heel I saw that the number was in the high Devine serial number range. Turning that rifle over and on the barrel by the gas cylinder was "Genesco Ill". Apparently they adopted Elmer's way of marking their early rifles too. The asking price was a fair one for a gun with so many G.I. parts but I had to pass it by.

·
Registered
329 Posts
A Devine serial number range receiver does not make a Devine rifle! Elmer sold/traded a lot of receivers that were later turned into rifles. Just not Devine's.
IMHO if Jackson Armory wants $4.5K for it this is one of those times when they should go into detail. Are the other ID marks for a genuine Devine present on this rifle? If so post some pictures of it.

I'll stop ranting now.SOAPBOX1
Most of the early Genesco rifles were built with Ballance receivers. I'd love to find another Devine Tx rifle (both versions) or an AR receiver. I've got a Kreiger barrel waiting for one. I'll be turning a early standard grade SAI to NM when I get moved back east. They know I'm coming and I have 4 M1As, 1 Garand and 1 pre-64 Winchester waiting for me. I'm going to love retirement. A fair amount of this work will be documented in my "project".

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.