M14 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone provide a quick down and dirty description of what a Devine M1A is? I have seen reference to them but an new to this rifle type. Bought my first one from a local auction this past month.
Thanks
John

· Registered
256 Posts

· Registered
179 Posts
Can someone provide a quick down and dirty description of what a Devine M1A is? I have seen reference to them but an new to this rifle type. Bought my first one from a local auction this past month.
Thanks
John
Devine M1A’s were produced in Texas from 1971 until Nov 1, 1974 when the company was sold and moved to Geneseo Il. The early rifles produced in Texas had an LH Gun co address then RT 1 BX 210 DEVINE TX or a variation of it stamped on the barrel. Later an engraving machine was used to apply the barrel address. The last barrel marking used was a Radium SA address. Lee Emerson’s history and development has an excellent section on the barrel address markings. According to Elmer Ballance the original owner of LH Gun company/Springfield Armory. All are desirable collectible rifles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.