M14 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the design, but I'm wondering if the alignment would be good enough to hang a bunch of weight out there for a suppressor. I'm gonna hang $1000 worth of can out there, and I don't like the idea of getting baffle strikes.

Kevin

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
The Delta P Design M14 muzzle adaptor works fine with the Delta P Design sound supressor. I spoke with the owner last week about this.

USGI M14 barrels were not designed for sound suppressors. USGI M14 barrel crowns are not always cut perfectly square. One member on this board had an issue when using a Harrington & Richardson Arm M14 barrel with his AAC 762SD suppressor. Once the barrel crown was machined square, the suppressor fit perfectly in line with the barrel. If the barrel crown is cut square and the Delta P Design muzzle adaptor and your favorite muzzle attachment are installed correctly, you should not have baffle strikes.

He also found that the standard profile barrel was not stiff enough to handle the extra weight of the suppressor without causing some large shot groups. When he changed to a medium weight barrel, the shot groups tightened up.

·
"Death From Above"
11,442 Posts
It's a quality piece and it is desinged to be used with the delta p supressor. If you are concerned about the concentricity let me let you in on a little info. I discovered these adapters via hawk when I was congering up an idea for a group buy. Tony had one and he sent it to me for review. I liked it right off the bat. It is well made! Heavy SS construction and it is hardend to boot. The black oxidizing is the best I have ever seen.
I went with this piece and called JP enterprise to have them use the adapter in conjuction with the tac copm they build. Dave who is the engineer there was my contact. He had all the typical concerns about the uniformity of the threads, will it be concentric when the adapter was mated up with the comp ect. Byron whom owns Delta P has become a good friend and mentor when it comes to anything engineering. The end result was we had two prototypes made. All of saves concerns went out the window while the entire time Byron was always confident there would not be any problems. Even Dave mention the design was outstanding and the finish top notch, all the way down to the laser engraving. One feature that is outstanding is the adpters castle nut set screw he is on the bottom of the adapter. What does this mean? You can remove the entire unit as one piece. Most don't need to do this but in the case of the tac comp it's a nice feature just remove the fh and install the adapter and comp as one piece. On the other hand if you want to switch between a break/comp/supressor all you do is unscrew it and swap it. I can't say enough good things about the piece. You should also look at his can it is also a nice piece. Ted Brown just decided to set one up on what I believe is going to be a very interesting set up. I think he is going with the mcmillan mfs-14 folding stock and the delta p supressor. Going to be a sweet set up I can't wait to see it finished. If you want to look at a adapter set up on a rifle with the comp as opposed to a can check out the group buy section under delta p/JP comp combo I put together a while ago. We are going to receiver the first run next week. These were done after I had the two prototypes done in the group buy thread. No concerns about concentricity at all they were all straight as an arrow. Very stable when installed as well.
As far as Delta P Design, I personally knkw we are going to see wonderful products coming from Byron in the future. Look for one in the near future in the group buy section. I am not at liberty to speak about it yet so please restrain yourself from asking I told Byron I would not say anything until it has been released. I will be hosting another group buy with another one of his designs in the future. Great product very nice man. I am glad to know him.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I ended up with both the Gemtech adapter (which I think is made by SEI) and the Delta P adapter both. Comparing them side by side I opted to put the Delta P on my rifle. Having the castle nut set screw on the bottom of the Delta P means I can rocksett my FH on there and still take the unit on and off. WWith the other design I would have to break the rocksett and remove the flash hider to be able to access the set screw in the more traditional location. The fit and finish of it are the best I have ever seen and Byron was a truly great guy to deal with. Will probably put the Gemtech adapter up for sale shortly...

·
Registered
86 Posts
I like the design, but I'm wondering if the alignment would be good enough to hang a bunch of weight out there for a suppressor. I'm gonna hang $1000 worth of can out there, and I don't like the idea of getting baffle strikes.

Kevin
Kevin,

We always recommend checking the alignment of any muzzle accessory before use, even more so for one that involve a longer, higher tolerance part like a suppressor. The last thing anyone wants with a silencer is to get a baffle strike (esp. with the expense and wait times involved).

Given the combination of parts and various manufactures involved with barrel/castle nut/adapter/silencer mount it just makes sense to do a sanity check on the alignment before using it. That said, the adapter is a great way to mount your suppressor on the M1A, and has features designed for just that application. Please feel free to give me a call. I would be happy to discuss your project and help in any way.

http://www.deltapdesign.com/welcome

Installation:

http://www.deltapdesign.com/LiteratureRetrieve.aspx?ID=39809

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
Delta P Design Test

Byron stopped by my shop a couple of weeks ago and we were able to test fire LRB M25 #1 with the suppressor I had purchased (I am still waiting for the ATF to send it's approval. He won't let me keep it until the gov't. says it's OK). The adaptor fit perfectly on the Criterion barrel and the suppressor aligned right on the money. I checked it first with a flash suppressor alignment gage and found it good to go. The bullet exit hole in the muzzle of the suppressor is a little smaller than the flash suppressor so clearance is critical. What a gas...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts