1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMG_20201120_150124.jpg
IMG_20201120_150135.jpg
IMG_20201120_150151.jpg
Delamere and williams type GAR air machine gun.
I picked up this rifle in a local little antique shop in Detroit, the owner said he picked it up over 40 years ago and said he used to have on display in his store. I saw it and was intrigued by the mechanical aspect of it. I negotiated with him and and we came to a deal. Brought it home, took it apart cleaned it up, made a new gasket, put air to it and it functions. I suspect I will need a much higher pressure and volume of air to operate. I couldn't find any info on this maker or model but believe in was probably a prototype type ww1 or ww2 trainer. It is 36 caliber (.375). Should be interesting to get working properly. Has anyone seen a air rifle like this? Anyone know anything about this one? Thanks Matt

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Wow, that is an interesting piece of retro mechanical technology. I don’t know anything about it, but definitely a neat conversation piece!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Throw this at Gun Jesus and see what he can come up with!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have heard of and seen the McGlashans from WWII used to train recruits for the 1919A4. I have the LARC Intl. M19 and M-19 AMP from the early 1980s powered by R12 Freon. I have never heard of, or seen anything like you posted, a most interesting piece. I have a book on Air Machine Guns and I will have to pull it off my man cave library shelf and look to see if your gun is covered. Very cool!!!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
This is waaay cool! What a great find. If you guys say this thing shoots a .36cal round ball using air pressure, essentially at full auto, I say let's fill that drum thingy with balls and let 'er rip!! My guess is that the accuracy may not be that great, but I would be willing to bet this bad boy sends a spread of lead downrange in a hurry!!

Be a little tough to manage dismounted, but on a vehicle with an air hookup...dang!!

Keep us posted on what you find out, and if you finally get it operational.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Took it to the shop yesterday, unlimited air supply, 160 psi line pressure. Found some .312 ball bearings and it shot them across the parking lot pretty good, I think it would rip with the right size ball and a unrestricted air line (no quick disconnect) probably needs another 50 to 100 psi too.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
The shape of the stock, grip, overall length and location of the bipod makes it look like a trainer for a BREN Gun.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I thought it actually closely resembles a lewis LMG it has the same pistol grip and butt stock profile. I am willing to bet a lewis front sight band will clamp around the front brass ring. Any one have a set of lewis sights laying around for sale?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts