M14 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Headed to the woods with my M-14 for a couple days of deer hunting.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Excellent! Hope you have/had some good success! I carried my '76 Winchester 45/75 for nothing this year. Hope you do better!

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Hope you have better luck than I did this year, it has been a strange and crappy year for deer hunting.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Looking forward to doing the same thing next autumn! Have a great time!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have just ordered a scout scope set up for my scout rifle. This will be my deer rifle of choice next season. Time to retire "ole faithful" Reminton 700 .30-06.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
so far ive gotten a total of 3 deer this year with my M14. here is a pic of me after my kill from yesterday morning. i think the 168gr fusion ammo is a little overkill for the doe im shooting, but it sure does drop em' fast.

i might get one more tonight. last day of hunting season where im at.

·
Registered
349 Posts
my and my 13 year old got two in one day....he got his with a .243, and I got mine that eveing with a Chevy Silverado....

·
Registered
61 Posts
Passing down the hunting tradition is an important pass time for a healthy "gun and hunting" future! Thanks for sharing the hobby with your 13 year old.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Deer hunting

Going back to Coffeeville, MS to deer hunt with my M14. Last day for modern weapons 1-19. Then going to the primitive weapon.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ammo

I used 180gr Nosler Partition bullets because that is what I had.
I would prefer 165 gr Sierra - if I did not have 200 Noslers already. I get good accuracy in my 1 in 10 twist - not so good in the 1 in 11 twist - as I would expect.

I know anything over 175 is hard on ops rods.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts