M14 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
5 inch 54 in action?

Congrats on your nephew's success. Pray that his cruise is successful and safe, for both imself and all his sailors.

·
Banned
1,113 Posts
That picture literally brought the smell of that guns gunpowder to my nose.

I have some video of our 76mm (almost the same gun but older) from about 10yds away.

I should have stayed in the military, as all the guys I still talk to that I met while I was in are all E8 or E9 or 02 or 03's by now.

I know time heal all wounds and I have forgot the reasons I got out.

only reason why i miss it is cause I have a full nights rest and full belly and just saw my girl this morning, and have $ in the bank.....

Thanks to your Nephew, may he bring hell to the enemy and return home safe.

Fair Winds and following Sea's..........USN2

·
Banned
937 Posts

·
Rest in Peace
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
BTW, I asked the nephew about that rust color on the deck forward of the gun. I knew he had taken over this new boat after the first skipper was removed during its initial shakedown cruise. (Problem involved female junior officer - 'nuff said.) He said as soon as he took command, he pulled over in Florida and had the whole boat painted before they got back to home port. Since this is his first command, I bet he had some heads rolling.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.