M14 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,604 Posts
Here in New Jersey, the application for a carry permit is pretty simple...

1. Background check on a fresh set of electronic fingerprints.
2. Recent handgun qualification on an LE course of fire.
3. Three references acknowledging your character.
4. Letter of need as to why you need to carry a handgun.
5. Notarized application submitted in triplicate.

Once your local police chief completes the investigation and signs his approval, it goes to a Superior Court Judge for his approval and signature. Any restrictions are added at that time. The permit is good for 2 years.

Piece of cake.
LOL. Piece of cake?! Bunch of BS is what it is. Seriously?

·
Registered
10,604 Posts
The SCOTUS ruling will eliminate #4. Everything else will probably stay the same. It's a hassle, but it does weed out the dangerous idiots. I've gone thru the process 17 times over the last 34 years.
Thats what I call long suffering!. Even here in WA its "shall issue". No tests, no BS references or anything else. Pass the BG check, get printed, good for 5 years.

Years ago when I first applied for a license here in WA it was in Seattle at the Po Po office. The gals were pretty snotty. They asked why you wanted it, protection or sport? I said yeah. NO! You have to choose one! I said OK you choose one. She was not getting any happier, NO YOU HAVE TO CHOOSE ONE! Oh Ok, sport. FINE, sign here!
Up in the county I live at for the last 33 years, I go into the Sheriffs office, fill out the form, get printed, pass the BG, done.
Its also called a Concealed Pistol License here, not a permit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts