M14 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know where I can find a dealer selling a new SA M1A National Match?? I am trying to buy one and am having trouble finding one available.

Thanks
John

·
Retired
4,700 Posts
does anyone know where I can find a dealer selling a new SA M1A National Match?? I am trying to buy one and am having trouble finding one available.

Thanks
John
What are new NM M1A's going for today?

·
Registered
3,997 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks again for the info. I found a NM at Bud's gun shop. Ordered it thru my local sporting goods sore and it will be here next week. How in the world does one pass the "lifetime" until next week? FRG1

·
Registered
922 Posts
Buy ammo.
Research bipods.
Research attaching bipod.
Research Scope Mounts.
Research Rings.
Research Scopes.
Look for rifle bag.
Find out about zeroing weapon.
Research chin risers.
Get a sling.
Pick up tools.
Make or buy bean bags or other equipment for the range.
Wouldn't a bayonet attachment be cool.

This is what I did from Thanksgiving 'till Santa arrived with my Loaded M1A.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Grumbler,

I am laughing so hard I have tears in my eyes!! I am doing exactly the same thing. You hit everything I have been dong for the last 2 weeks. My M1A is supposed to arrive this Friday.
This is me with my fingers crossed.
Good luck with your new rifle.
Stay prepared as a Patriot!

John

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
Essentials:

Lubriplate or Plastilube grease
Ammo
USGI magazines
Sling
Targets + scorebook
Hearing & eye protection
Empty chamber flag
Otis-type cleaning gear, chamber brushes, and Hoppe's.

Optional for now:

Spotting scope
Shooting mat
Shooting coat
M14 combination tool
Castle nut pliers
Set of Allen wrenches.

Have some fun.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Acquire reading material such as Different's book, USGI field manuals, other reading material. Add'l tools such as the magazine liner removal tool and gas cylinder fouling removal tools. Don't forget to order some five round clips and bandoliers.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
you might want to try gunbroker

they are a good online purchasing center and always seem to have "match" m1a's. maybe even get a used one for a good price.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Actually, unless you just want to purchase a brand new NM, watch the PX here....I've bought and sold some FINE rifles.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Welcome to the addiction. While waiting for your NM, research which rifle you will buy or have built next. Maybe an LRB?GI6

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
the PX here does have some great deals. i just bought a nice walnut stock there a few days ago. GI7

·
Registered
61 Posts
This site is amazing, every time I look around I find some new thread with exactly the information I was looking for. Welcome to trying to figure out whats the "next" build you "have to have".

1 - 17 of 17 Posts