M14 Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
I don't understand the beef with James Yeager? He is his own personality, that's for sure. But apart from that I don't get the low level hostility towards him. He has strong opinions on certain types of firearms but he bases it off his training experience with hundreds of classes.

Regards,
Badger

·
Banned
716 Posts
I don't understand the beef with James Yeager? He is his own personality, that's for sure. But apart from that I don't get the low level hostility towards him. He has strong opinions on certain types of firearms but he bases it off his training experience with hundreds of classes.

Regards,
Badger
Others out there on other boards easily accessible have posted laundry lists of this guys transgressions, lies, etc. but my disdain for the guy comes from his own mouth.

Having an opinion is one thing but being a belligerent asshat that can't engage in a debate about it without becoming said aforementioned asshat, or being so thin skinned you can't take other people's opinions without wanting to kill them, or even worse openly threatening to start killing people because you don't like what's going on any given day in Washington D.C., are another thing entirely. Or oh, what was the one last year? Trying to be so "hard core" in your training courses that you create a negligent discharge. Yeah, that there should have been a pretty good indicator he's a blowhard wannabe youtube celebrity than anything else nowadays.

I give as much credence to the notion he is some diverse expert in all things tactical as I do that Pawn Stars having these experts readily available any day of the week, and these people just happen to walk in with this stuff when the cameras are rolling by coincidence.

This is why, if I watch anyone on Youtube besides for fun like Demolition Ranch, I watch Colion Noir. I don't like his sponsorship by the NRA because I have had an issue with the Wayne LaPierre for some time now, but that not withstanding this is a man who can articulate his point and debate it well without being a jerk, roided up wanna be, or general ammunition for the greater "ban the gun" crowd out there.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Others out there on other boards easily accessible have posted laundry lists of this guys transgressions, lies, etc. but my disdain for the guy comes from his own mouth.

Having an opinion is one thing but being a belligerent asshat that can't engage in a debate about it without becoming said aforementioned asshat, or being so thin skinned you can't take other people's opinions without wanting to kill them, or even worse openly threatening to start killing people because you don't like what's going on any given day in Washington D.C., are another thing entirely. Or oh, what was the one last year? Trying to be so "hard core" in your training courses that you create a negligent discharge. Yeah, that there should have been a pretty good indicator he's a blowhard wannabe youtube celebrity than anything else nowadays.

I give as much credence to the notion he is some diverse expert in all things tactical as I do that Pawn Stars having these experts readily available any day of the week, and these people just happen to walk in with this stuff when the cameras are rolling by coincidence.

This is why, if I watch anyone on Youtube besides for fun like Demolition Ranch, I watch Colion Noir. I don't like his sponsorship by the NRA because I have had an issue with the Wayne LaPierre for some time now, but that not withstanding this is a man who can articulate his point and debate it well without being a jerk, roided up wanna be, or general ammunition for the greater "ban the gun" crowd out there.
Fair enough. I guess JY's personality does not rub me bad. He did fire the instructor that was responsible for the negligent discharge BTW. The only things he did in my recollection that were unwise were his threats of violence at the prospect of Obama executive actions against the 2A shortly after Sandy Hook. He lost his carry permit in TN for a while because of that.

My favorite gun channel is Yankee Marshal. His self-deprecating style of humor is fun. I also like San Francisco liberal with a gun. Not on YouTube but an actual classical liberal who is pro-2A.

Regards,
Badger

·
Banned
716 Posts
My favorite gun channel is Yankee Marshal. His self-deprecating style of humor is fun. I also like San Francisco liberal with a gun. Not on YouTube but an actual classical liberal who is pro-2A.

Regards,
Badger
I like Yankee Marshal,... Demolition Ranch as well. I like Colion Noir, but wish he'd not have aligned with the NRA for sponsorship. He was doing much better on his own IMO to spread the word of rationality and modern understanding of the value of the 2nd Amendment in terms any urban or suburban citizen can comprehend.

I will have to check out this SF Liberal w/ a gun. Sounds like me... when people ask my political stance I call myself a mostly-Kennedy-esque democrat with some libertarian leanings but a definite strong pro-2A support, but not support of the LaPierre NRA message necessarily. So generally I get marked "other." ;)

·
Registered
338 Posts
I like Yankee Marshal,... Demolition Ranch as well. I like Colion Noir, but wish he'd not have aligned with the NRA for sponsorship. He was doing much better on his own IMO to spread the word of rationality and modern understanding of the value of the 2nd Amendment in terms any urban or suburban citizen can comprehend.

I will have to check out this SF Liberal w/ a gun. Sounds like me... when people ask my political stance I call myself a mostly-Kennedy-esque democrat with some libertarian leanings but a definite strong pro-2A support, but not support of the LaPierre NRA message necessarily. So generally I get marked "other." ;)
Here's a link for the SF lib w/gun

http://www.sanfranciscoliberalwithagun.com/default.html

He does podcasts mainly that you can get to by the above link although he also has a primarily cast boolitt and reloading themed YouTube series of videos. I just wish he would not go months at a stretch w/o releasing new stuff.

Regards,
Badger

·
Registered
338 Posts

Politically I'm a bit of a crazy quilt myself. Socially liberal on stuff like gay rights and corporate regulation. Conservative on taxes, budget, and deficit issues. Isolationist on war, trade, and foreign interventions, and solidly libertarian on civil rights issues including the 2A.

Regards,
Badger

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
Politically I'm a bit of a crazy quilt myself. Socially liberal on stuff like gay rights and corporate regulation. Conservative on taxes, budget, and deficit issues. Isolationist on war, trade, and foreign interventions, and solidly libertarian on civil rights issues including the 2A.

Regards,
Badger
Sounds like you're Libertarian with all your stances except the regulations

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
I have voted libertarian in every election since 1988. On some specifics I am left on some right on others.

Badger
Smart man. Too bad there aren't more like us. The current extreme right/left two party system is dragging us down hard

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Banned
716 Posts
The problem isn't in there aren't "more of us" middle ground rationale thinkers that fit into the slightly left or slightly right small l libertarian model... the problem is the 2 party system keeps us from having a party that stands a chance to win any election and gain any ground. The notion of a 3rd, or 4th of 5th party scares the bejebus out of "them"

Plus... the BIG L Libertarian Party just outright doesn't have it's ducks in a row to mount a viable campaign for a win. I speak from state level experience on this one: they would rather have their name on the ballot than actually mount a winning campaign in some cases. They're scared of what would happen if they won. Again... speaking from experience.

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
The problem isn't in there aren't "more of us" middle ground rationale thinkers that fit into the slightly left or slightly right small l libertarian model... the problem is the 2 party system keeps us from having a party that stands a chance to win any election and gain any ground. The notion of a 3rd, or 4th of 5th party scares the bejebus out of "them"

Plus... the BIG L Libertarian Party just outright doesn't have it's ducks in a row to mount a viable campaign for a win. I speak from state level experience on this one: they would rather have their name on the ballot than actually mount a winning campaign in some cases. They're scared of what would happen if they won. Again... speaking from experience.
They need a real candidate to have a chance. Gary Johnson was a poor choice. I'm hoping Rand Paul will run L in 2020 but it seems like he's positioning himself to run as a R which wouldn't be the worst thing. It would help bring the party back to the moderate side as opposed to the extreme it has shifted from the last election.

·
Registered
338 Posts
A third party candidate stands no chance until they are allowed into the national debates. The last time this happened was 1992 with Ross Perot and he got almost 20% of the vote. No other third party candidate has approached that since then. Also, think what you may about the federal subsidizing of candidates, if a third party gets a high enough percentage they are eligible for campaign funds. That would help too.

Johnson-Weld was a bad idea. Weld-Johnson would have been far better. Weld was governor here in the 90's and he did a good job in Mass.

Regards,
Badger

·
Registered
2 Posts
Being as how it was shot in Texas I'm a little prejudiced, but I liked it.
Way better than most zombie flicks and yeah, it was what sparked my interest in the M1A-M14 world and it was watching that little SOCOM 16 in action that moved me to trade a couple of my guns for a custom Springfield Scout Squad rifle that should be arriving to my ffl soon.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I loved this flick, pretty entertaining and good intensity, tons of great gunplay. Some time and thought went into the editing, and the firefights came out great. A very good Apocalyptic B horror entry. I thought Strong kicked butt in this flick, from start to finish. He's got some of that dark, quiet, moody early Clint Eastwood spaghetti western attitude as he muddles bluntly through awkward interactions with the other characters with minimal conversation, and dispatches dozens of vampires with style, disdain, and uncanny accuracy. I think it's a win.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Sonny Pisukas(spelling?)is in it, too. He’s the Russian shooting instructor who accidentally shot one of his students inside his kill-house a few years ago.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts