M14 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the Walther Sisters to the range today and put them to task. I really enjoy these little handguns, each with their own personality and niche.

My favorite, hands down, is the PP. (blued, pictured at top) This little jewel is an Interarms import from the late 80's manufactured in the mid 50s by Manhurin in France. After the war, from 1952-1968, all Walthers were produced there due to firearms manufacturing restrictions post WWII, although some were sent back to Germany as kits and marked made in Germany from what I understand. This is not one of the current CAI imports, but those are indeed of the same pedigree (one currently listed on GB is 40 numbers off mine imported 20 years later!)
The PP is chambered in 7.65mm and is devilishly accurate, I mean scary accurate. It is no problem at all to place a mag of ammo in a 6" group at 25m. The action and trigger are smooth as butter. I have not found a hollowpoint that it will not feed, but I did cheat a little and polish and throat the ramp/barrel years ago. Because of it's light recoil, ease of slide manipulation, and accuracy, I tend to use it as a daughter/wife piece. It really instills confidence. I've dispatched a couple of ferel cats at the farm with it, and it's taken its share of diamondbacks while early season bird hunting.

The next in line is a domestic produced PPKs, by Interarms. This one is a Kentucky State Police issue backup, and is marked as such. It has been gone through by the factory and has top notch barrel and ramp work, trigger work and sports a extra power recoil spring. It is typical of the breed and accurate for what it is and eats up pretty much everything its fed. The blowback 380s like the PPK and SIG 230 are actually pretty snappy in the recoil dept, especially with hot loads. Nice light belt rig, not nearly as concealable as the LCP Ruger or P3AT.

Last and weighing in the least is the Walther TPH. This one is an Interarms domestic piece as well. A bright snappy pistol, it is the most accurate true pocket pistol I've ever shot. (I know you can shove a G26 in a pocket, but I'm talking true micros here) At 15 yards it will place rounds on call on a full size silhuette. It likes stingers, so thats what I feed it as it is a little ammo sensitive. It will shoot all hot 22lr ammo, but stuff a subsonic or promo light load in it and it will short recoil every time. Not a real issue in my book.

I kinda like the Walthers, and they certainly have endured the test of time.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Very nice! I used to own an Interarms PPK at one time but had a brain fade GI8GI9 and sold it *sigh*

·
Registered
439 Posts
so nice!

What a beautiful collection! It made my day seeing all those lovely Walther pistols DI2
I don't own one yet, but have always had a crush on the PPK! Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!

I gave my blue PPK to my brother. I like the PPKS better as the grip is a tad longer.

My brain fart was selling a PP in 22lr a few years ago. It was an Ulm Germany blue, in the box brand new, never fired, one I picked up at an Estate sale for a couple hundred bucks, probably around 1985. I sold it in 98/99 for near a grand. That was an absolute fine shooting pistol, and I miss it....

I'd love to rebarrel and supress the 7.65mm...When money grows on trees I just might! The 7.65 Browning/32ACP is a great supressed round as it doesn't take a much bigger can than a 22 needs to get REAL quiet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts