M14 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know, I've owned or shot about everything a fella can hoist to a shoulder over the years and nothing really excites me anymore....I love em all. I had an affair with a Smith Corona 03A3 one time and really shot it well. Swore I'd get one for keeps one day.

I just made a deal with a member to buy a Remy 03A3 and I've not been this stoked about getting a rifle in years! I can hardly wait to shoot the 03,14, and M4 in a sittin and experiance over 100 years of rifle development in one day, side by side.

Once again, I appreciate my membership here, and the opportunities and friendships it has provided. Ya just gotta love it!

Now the inevitable wait.........DI5

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
I have a nice Smith Corona.

They really are fun to shoot.

Even for a south paw like m'self!GI6

Enjoy the rifle!

Stock up on some HXP .30 06 while the gettin's good!

·
Registered
185 Posts
There is nothing like the buck of an .06 against your shoulder. Love my M14s and my Garands, but true appreciation of a rifle is best without a gas system between you and Mr. Recoil. MCORPS1

Congrats!

V/r,
Bear

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
My one 1903A3 is my favorite of all rifles! I would also like a 1903. I'm glad to have sold you the one you are getting!GI6

·
Registered
376 Posts
1903A3 is my favorite rifle too. I take it to the range frequently and love to shoot it more than the gas guns lately.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Beautiful rifle! My one keeper 03A3 once had a set of Redfield sights similar to yours and a match front sight as well. I took those sights off and re-installed as issued G.I. sights. She's a shooter for sure.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Congrats on a new rifle i also have a 03A3 Smith Corona one of the most accurate rifles i own! enjoy your purchase and shoot often.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Ah yes - the inevitable wait. I think most of us can feel your anxiety with you!

Conrat's on a great rifle - I'm sure you will be happy GI2
I know I loved mine....never should have parted with it GI4

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oops..Forgot about the thread. The rifle came in last week. She's a beaut! Correct R marked parts, sharp unmolested rollmarks, superb finish cosmoline stained for life. Graced it with a sling and it's ready to go. Ammo coming in this week. Many thanks to member 4570govt for the outstanding rifle, I will treasure it.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
That is one accurate rifle as well, glad you have it now!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts