M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Forum Jester
8,380 Posts
1st thing i do with any ar i buy is add extractor upgrade kit.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Could be many things. My first thought was he is using the wrong grease or running it dry. It seems he is trying to get it to fail by not cleaning it and just adding some oil or grease every once in a while

I always clean and lube my guns after shooting them and have yet to have any issues with my M1a or either of my AR15's. Daniel Defense Mk12 and SIG516

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm pretty sure Daniel Defense rifles already have the upgraded extractor o-ring. It looked to me like it might have been short stroking. I wonder what kind of ammo he's using?

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
I'm pretty sure Daniel Defense rifles already have the upgraded extractor o-ring. It looked to me like it might have been short stroking. I wonder what kind of ammo he's using?
You can see it short stroking. He's probably running it to dry. Or what ever lube he's using doesn't like the cold. Possibly just shooting it until it fails for the sake of a video.

·
Forum Jester
8,380 Posts
usually,if they do that,they will mention it on the ad selling bolt carriers on their site and brownells. no mention of extractor upgrades.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Black Hills 77gr OTM. Definitely not cheap ammo if thats what he is really shooting

It tells that around the 2:25 mark in the video

·
Registered
78 Posts
Black Hills 77gr OTM. Definitely not cheap ammo if thats what he is really shooting

It tells that around the 2:25 mark in the video
I think he was only shooting that when he was taking those long shots on the steel plate. If he's ran 3500 rounds of that through the rifle that would be quite expensive. It's about $1 a round.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I think he was only shooting that when he was taking those long shots on the steel plate. If he's ran 3500 rounds of that through the rifle that would be quite expensive. It's about $1 a round.
I have some and know what it cost. I don't shoot it much but did zero in one of my AR's with it

·
Registered
556 Posts
usually,if they do that,they will mention it on the ad selling bolt carriers on their site and brownells. no mention of extractor upgrades.
DD uses the o ring and upgraded insert on their rifles.

I definitely think it is a lube vs temperature issue. He even says that once it gets running the issues drop off. DD makes a great rifle. Wish I had one.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I believe "Comrad" Shooter is used to AKs not needing that much maintenance, since it's so loose, and not a precision arm. As mentioned by others, an apparent "torture test" by the AK 47/74 posse...

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Running an AR for 5,000 rounds without cleaning is not a problem. An occasional application of lubricant should keep the AR running.

Has anyone seen another episode and heard or read any information on what lubricant he is using?

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I thought they lubed them every 500 rounds or so for those testing videos with all of the rifles they do? And I also doubt he's using Frog Lube. Rob Ski aint got time for that nonsense. He's a CLP type of person being in the military and all.

On a side note, Rob Ski is awesome! I've been on his youtube channel since his first video posted. Highly recommended if you enjoy the AK platform and extreme gun enthusiast who speaks his mind without trying to impress anyone.

·
Registered
630 Posts
His channel is a good one because he tells it like it is and really doesn't play favorites.
If something fails he lets you know.
I'm not all that impressed with DD rifles as a whole and they don't seem to be light years ahead in quality over other brands.
I've had high end ARs from several makers and all were fine shooters but none were perfect by any means they all had their quirks.

Honestly source high quality parts and build your own to your specs. Now if a brand name on the gun is what drives you thats fine too.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
His channel is a good one because he tells it like it is and really doesn't play favorites.
If something fails he lets you know.
I'm not all that impressed with DD rifles as a whole and they don't seem to be light years ahead in quality over other brands.
I've had high end ARs from several makers and all were fine shooters but none were perfect by any means they all had their quirks.

Honestly source high quality parts and build your own to your specs. Now if a brand name on the gun is what drives you thats fine too.
Absolutely. I've had great results building my own AR's. I've actually never had any problems with any of the AR's I've built from various parts. Granted, I did carefully select the parts, never anything "cheap", but I've always bought the pieces and parts when they were on sale from various known and trusted manufacturers. You don't have to spend a fortune to create an AR that shoots like it costs a fortune.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.