M14 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with the above mentioned hang gun? Would you recommend it as your primary home defense gun?

·
Registered
155 Posts
They're good guns for the money. I don't own one but have tried a couple out and I like them. Yes they're on the heavier, bulkier side. But they are accurate and pretty well built. I have 10 CZ now ,never had a bad one yet. I have a matcher pr of old 83's just killer handguns.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've run a CZ99 which is similar and an earlier model.

These are made in Serbia (former Yugoslavia) and commonly called "Zastava" to distinguish from the Czech-made CZ pistols (totally different design).

The pistol you are looking at is somewhat derived from the SIG 226. Double-action, barrel is chrome-plated, frame is aluminum; has an ambidextrous decocker and slide release in the same lever (unlike the SIG with two separate controls).

The CZ99 I shot had no failures in a couple hundred rounds, but I could not speak to long-term durability and reliability. They are relatively inexpensive.

I think the 999 has a loaded chamber indicator and maybe an 'empty' pin that strikes your hand when the magazine is running dry.

The original CZ99 was also copied in Israeli and South Africa as the Golan and Tressitu TZ99 respectively.

I would not hesitate to use it as a house gun once you are satisfied that it is reliable with your choice of ammunition.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts