M14 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone capable of cutting down a bolt shroud on a Remington 700 to copy the early style "short" style? I'm building a M40A1 copy.

·
Super Moderator
11,036 Posts
Pick one up from Holland's, got too be cheaper that turning one down and having it refinished.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pick one up from Holland's, got too be cheaper that turning one down and having it refinished.
No short shroud, $75 dollars for the standard/longer shroud. But they do have an all steel BDL trigger guard & bottom metal for $195.

·
Registered
79 IHC Scout II, 74 VW Bug class 11 look a like
6,708 Posts
Just curious but what difference does it make, Is it just for the look of a older action or what?
Is this the one you are looking for? this one is on a Long Action BDL I have that was made in 1967. I have been thinking about building something out of it but its super clean and it in one of my favorite calibers [270 win], I got it from my old boss, he said he bought it new and only put 20 rounds through it. The only thing wrong with it is he scribed a 5 digit number on the outside of the floor plate, I am thinking about sanding it out and painting with Alumahide.

Casey

1 - 7 of 7 Posts