M14 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just came across this video on youtube.

I am impressed by originality of these mods. I may attempt to do the cheekrest mod on my soon-to-be-delivered USGI fiberglass stock. I imagine the 2 downsides are that it is nonadjustable and that any detachable riser can be lost.

I would not do the oprod cover mod though.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3B1zfKdIy0[/ame]

·
Registered
656 Posts
Nice cheek riser, simple and effective. I'd consider it on a fiberglass stock, but don't want to drill holes in a nice wood stock. I made this one for my wood stock. It laces tight, and doesn't move at all. No holes in the stock, either.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Nice cheek riser, simple and effective. I'd consider it on a fiberglass stock, but don't want to drill holes in a nice wood stock. I made this one for my wood stock. It laces tight, and doesn't move at all. No holes in the stock, either.

I'm working on something very similar out of two old sorrel boot tops. I hope mine turns out as nice.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I went a different route with TAC Pro and Leu QR rings, but I do like his ingenuity:

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Excellent idea/job, I like how clean it looks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.