M14 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always liked the Beretta 92 series, especially the G model, which is decock only. The 92 fits my hand perfectly and a shoot 'em really well.

I decided that I need to own one, so I picked up a police trade-in 92G for $400 out the door. Like a lot of police handguns, it appeared to have been carried a lot and shot a little.

It shot dang well, do I decided to jazz it up a little and us it in some of the classes that I teach. First thing I did was order some Alumagrips with my shooting school's logo on 'em.

Next, I opened up the magwell, knocked all the edges off the inside and outside of the trigger guard, checkered the front and rear strap to 20lpi, and installed an Elite II hammer and "D" mainspring. Now she shot even better, but looked like a turd.

I took it to Matt Lilley at Spartan Armory. I had the entire pistol coated in KG GunKote, in black and silver.

Since the pics were taken, I have replaced the rear sight with a Novak, coated the front sight matte black, and had Trijicon install a new bead in the front sight.

The top picture was how she looked the day I picked her up.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Sweeeet!

Good looking pistol, sir. The colors rock.
I did a couple of the same mods to my M9..Elite hammer, D spring, and I also put in a Wolff stainless steel guide rod and a little heavier recoil spring, and that really did make the pistol feel better, and its a damn tack driver on top of that.
I wish I knew how to open up the magwell like you did cmshoot, that looks very functional.
Congrats on a fine handgun!MCORPS1

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have a police trade-in 92G in the way to me as I write this.

Not going to make it so pretty, but depending on the state of holster wear I might want to redfinish it. I've heard 92's can be finicky about that. How does she run since you had her GunKoted? My 92FS bought new & unaltered eats really anything.

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
She runs like a champ, before and after being refinished. Since being refinished, I've run a mix of frangible, lead and ball ammo through her, from 100grn through 147grn stuff. She really handles well with the Winchester USA 147grn JHP. That's my preferred range load for her.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts