M14 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Read Only
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a current source of a variety of. 12 gauge slugs. I'd like to buy several brands to see which ones work best in my Saiga. Let me know.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I don't shoot enough slugs to judge pricing - that said . . . TargetSports has Federal LE133 buckshot for $3.00 which I know is a really good price so you may want to check them for slugs.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Buy a roll crimper. Load them yourself. It is easy. It is cheap. Is it as easy as having UPS bring you some after they hit your card? No. But there is something I like about rolling my own slugs. Mine are at least as reliable as the cheap ones you are probably looking to buy.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
MidwayUSA.

They have several different brands/types in stock, finally, seems the ammo panic may be easing off.

Reactions: 37489

·
In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,515 Posts
Every store in my area has tons of all types of ammo.

·
Registered
79 IHC Scout II, 74 VW Bug class 11 look a like
6,712 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Federal Power Shok F127RS are good 2 3/4" slugs. They are full power/full recoil slugs. Been around for a long time.

The Federal Vital Shok Tru-ball PB127RS are even better, more expensive.

Both the Federal Slugs above also come in Low Recoil and "Tactical" LE versions with a different hollow point design and blue hulls. The LE versions are hard to find, and are only available occasionally, but they are my favorite.

Remington and Winchester also make good foster type hollow point slugs.

I drilled out my gas ports on the Saiga to increase reliability with low brass ammo. If you go this route get an adjustable gas plug, otherwise your S12 may be overgassed when shooting these full power 2 3/4 and 3" slugs, even at the factory "low gas" setting. (mine was). Getting the barrel threaded for Remington choke tubes and a recoil buffer were also good mods for my gun as well.

I have a couple extra 250rd cases of the Federal F127RS and Remington Slugger 2 3/4" slugs, they are both rated at ~ 1600 FPS. Good full power slugs for smoothbores. I would be willing to sell them for what I paid if you need 'em. Can mix n' match too for a variety.

Enjoy the S12. It is a fun gun!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts